Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set up my Fitbit device.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I am having trouble setting up my Fitbit. I am unable to get past the update stage of the set up. I talked with customer support and they said it was an app issue, not my actual device. Anyone else having the same problem. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @Hanna.S, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. Tell me, have you restarted your phone and your Fitbit device already? If so, I would like to suggest you to try the following:

1. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone; wait 10 seconds, and then turn it back on.
  2. Make sure you have a strong WiFi signal and that there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere with the setup process.
  3. Restart your device again.
  4. If you can't set up after a restart, reboot your phone or tablet and try to set up again.
  5. If you can't set up after the reboot, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your phone or tablet and try to set up the device one more time. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let us know the outcome. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I have already tried that multiple times. I call Fitbit support and they said they could see that I was trying to update my Fitbit. They also said that having trouble updating was an app issue not a device issue. So they told me to wait for a new update for Fitbit OR try to perform an update tomorrow (1/4/19). Until then I am unable to use my Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes