Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to setup the Alta HR

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a similar issue.  Yesterday, May 19, 2023, my Alta HR stopped syncing.  It is paired to my IPhone.  When I go to the dashboard on the FitBit app it just keeps displaying "... Gathering your data".  The display on the Fitbit doesn't display anything, so I can't even trying to pair it again (my iPhone Bluetooth says it IS paired).  The fitbit.com website says "can't connect to server", but I can see my data before 5/19/23.  Anyone else having this problem?

Moderator edit:  updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @DrFWL  see if anything in this article helps you - click to read

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Thanks Odyssey13.  I've tried most of what is suggested.  The added problem is now the Alta HR display stays blank so I can't input a pairing number.  This apparently happened during a fitbit database security breach and my device is locked out of connecting to the cloud.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Odyssey13 Thank you for your help and suggestions 

@DrFWL , A warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for your message and efforts. 

We haven't had any security breach, and no devices are locked out, due this. Actually, the Fitbits do not connect to any cloud. Your device should be paired to your account and everything should be managed from there. If you have access to your Fitbit account, and if the tracker was purchased or/and provided by an authorized retailer, then it should not be locked out. 

If you have/had any issues and concerns with your privacy and data, I suggest you to have a look at this: Can someone take over my Fitbit account?

How do I protect my Fitbit account with two factor authentication?

Back to the situation with the Alta HR.  Do you see the green LEDs blinking?

When plugging to charge do you see anything on the display from the Alta HR?
Did you see the logo when restarting the Alta HR?

Have you tried the steps and tips here?Why can't I set up my Fitbit device?

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer