Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sync Ionic with the latest Fitbit app update.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I installed the 2,53.1 update on July 16th and my Fitbit still cannot communicate with the app. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @DaveAdler1, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have brought this to my attention and for letting me know you have already updated the Fitbit app to its latest version. Tell me, have you restarted your phone already? Have you also restarted your Ionic by pressing and holding the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen? If so, I would like to suggest you the following:

• The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone again.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it one more time.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes