Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sync tracker after latest app update.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I updated my app on Monday, and now neither my iPad Air and iPhone 7, will sync with my Alta HR (I updated the app on both devices) My phone just is continually ‘looking’, and my iPad app will only open briefly to a blank white screen, the closes automatically.  I have restarted both devices. Help....

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Joycewalks, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for letting me know you have already updated the app on your phone and tablet. Have you restarted your tracker lately? If so, I would like to suggest you to check the following:

• The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone again.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it one more time.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the suggestions. My iPhone now syncs perfectly, and now shows all my data from the missing days...yay. Unfortunately, my iPad still has the same trouble. When I try to open the app, I get the Fitbit dashboard, but without any information except Fitbit across the top, just a blank white screen. It stays open for a few seconds, then shuts down. My Bluetooth setting shows my Alta HR, but the app never fully opens to even try and sync anything. any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I still have the  same trouble with my fit bit app in my iPad. I get nothing but a blank white screen that says Fitbit on the top. It lasts a few seconds, then closes automatically.  I was going to delete and reinstall, but can’t see the app in the App Store now. What’s up?????? This is extremely frustrating, I never should have updated my app, it was working just fi;e before I did. Grrrrrrr.

Best Answer
0 Votes