Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to update exercise type on the Fitbit-app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

With the latest app version (4.10), I can no longer reassign exercise types for auto recognized activities.  Please bring this functionality back.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

There was a way to accomplish this after the redesign by viewing data deletion in settings but that no longer works in the most recent update from last week. Honestly there should be more than three options when starting an exercise. I was ok with changing the type afterwards but this has become annoying, know your user base Fitbit, before they move to another platform 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hello @SunsetRunner and welcome to the Community.  This is a known issue with the Fitbit app since it was redesigned.  Fitbit is aware of the problem, but there is no time frame for a fix.  In the meantime, you can rename an activity on your web dashboard.  Go to the list of your Activities, then tap on the pencil icon next to the one you want to fix.  I just tried it to confirm that it works and will change the name in your mobile app.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

There was a way to accomplish this after the redesign by viewing data deletion in settings but that no longer works in the most recent update from last week. Honestly there should be more than three options when starting an exercise. I was ok with changing the type afterwards but this has become annoying, know your user base Fitbit, before they move to another platform 

Best Answer

Hello @Wasatch_views and welcome to the Community.  It sounds like you are tapping on the green + button, then Start exercise in the Track live section.  This is the only option with the three choices.  You don't say what model you use, but every model since 2018 has an Exercise app with a minimum of 20 exercise choices.  Unless you are using an Alta HR, you have more choices.

To be complete, the OP is using SmartTrack, the auto-recognition feature.  You are using MobileRun, a feature that I needed with my One and Charge HR.  Personally, I don't understand why Fitbit put that Start exercise in such a prominent place in the app.  All current Fitbits have an Exercise app on the device.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve complained bitterly on this forum about just that for several months. Auto-recognise puts up utterly bizarre exercises, not even remotely similar to what I’ve been doing. And for a long time and still remains so, no way of changing them.  

Best Answer

Agreed.  Users are also providing iOS App Store reviews on this and other issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Users are providing iOS App Store reviews with similar feedback; that may be a better way to get traction on App issues.

iOS App Store Link 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This problem has been current since the end of 2023. I used to use the ‘Manage Data’ option ‘Review Data’ and it flipped back to the old UI. This has now been removed from the new app and it merely loops to the same screen yiu just came from without the ability to edit exercise type. 

the suggested solution of using the web front end does not work for me as there is no pencil icon. 

Best Answer

There is no pencil icon on web on either Safari (desktop page) or chrome on PC

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the info. I stopped updating the app, expecting they would be removing the old screens we still had access to. Sounds like that has happened and they have now removed the only work around to make activities useful. I’ll not be updating to 4.10 then. 

Best Answer

My response becoming the best answer is hilarious since it was a 10 step hack to dig deep in the app. Now with 4.11 the workaround in mentioned is gone. I’m using an inspire 3 in my pocket and expect to be able to continue to use the app to track biking as have been for years. Give the people what they want!!  

Best Answer