Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IOS App v4.11 Available. But what does it update?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In the App Store the description says Bug Fixes and Performance Improvements. Has anyone installed it yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

I have. Not noticing anything fixed or performing much better than before. Still takes anywhere from 6-12 seconds to show heart rate graphs when I look at completed exercises the first time. Scrolling in Today view still feels choppy. 

Best Answer

Hey @mikey_pdx , Can you verify that exercise duration is still in the h:mm format instead of the more accurate h:mm:ss format?

Best Answer

Hi @mcw53 yep, still hours/minutes or just minutes. 

Also, I still have to force quit the app every so often or it'll get laggy or freeze completely. I haven't rebooted my phone since the app update, but we shouldn't have to do that.

Best Answer

Thanks @mikey_pdx , I keep hoping they will fix this, but it appears this was an intentional degradation of the app. This is such a basic and essential function of a fitness tracker; it’s hard to come up with another reason why they did this and then ignore negative customer feedback for five months.

I’ve got eight years invested in fitbit and really don’t want to jump ship, but I’m getting closer everyday to pulling the trigger on brand G (not google).

Best Answer

@mcw53 I hear ya on that last part, though I will say I'm happier with the look/feel/functionality of the Charge 6 (and the 5 before it) than I was with the G-brand vivosmarts I had previously (straps kind of sucked, screens were tiny, sometimes had issues with touch screen, the altimeter was incredibly buggy and firmware updates kept changing its behavior, etc.). But yeah - their app was never as problematic as Fitbit's.

Best Answer

Well the “update” seems to have made all the useful features at best inaccurate but more often it’s rendering it useless. 

it’s not logging active movements. It counts the steps but claims I sat still for 4 hours when I actually walked home made multiple trips up and down stairs, and a myriad of other tasks yesterday. 

today I was moving stuff around the building. The steps are counted but according to the hourly activity I’ve been sitting still for 3+ hours, but walked 2500 steps in that time period. 

I’ve force quit the app. Restarted the Versa2 three times in the last 18 hours. I’ve only had this since Saturday and I’ve had to restart the app, the Fitbit, and the phone more times since then that I have had to do any one of those things in the last four years with my previous Fitbit. 

it would be nice if the syncing issues would be addressed in any useful way. 

Best Answer

That's all they ever tell us - Bug Fixes and Performance Improvements.

Best Answer

Thank you all for your replies! So are we saying then that there were no visible positive differences in the latest IOS App v4.11 release? (Does make me wonder why release one then, but perhaps I am missing the point!) In which case I shall wait and see what the next one brings before updating as I’m still hanging on with ‘working workarounds’ using v4.04!!! 

Best Answer

On my fully updated IPhone 15 Pro it CONSTANTLY bugs me with notices that it can’t sync without internet or Bluetooth. To be clear , WHILE ITS SYNCING…..the only way to clear the bogus messages is to click them and get dumped into the settings app, which is fun

Best Answer

What bugs me is getting a popup asking me to allow google to track my precise location 24x7 (Always) whenever I start a run or walk. No way! GPS works fine with the When Using setting.

$fitbit21.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Best Answer