Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unused for two years -- FitBit App will not open iphone 8plus

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have recently dug out my fitbit, have been successful reinstalling the app on my laptop, but cannot get the app to open on my iPhone.  The app icon is no longer showing on my phone screen, but if I search for it, I can get the app to appear -- but when I click it to launch, it goes to a black and then to my main screen without opening.  If I go to the app store, it states "open" next to the fitbit app, and when I click open, it briefly shows a fitbit screen, and then black and to my main phone screen.  There seems to be no way to 'reinstall' or update.  There's no where to uninstall to reinstall.   Anyone have any ideas?  The app is listed in settings, but nothing there seems to help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @wfowfo77 

oh my it’s trying to be a sneaky app. No worries you can delete it another way. Here’s how:

Go to "Settings" > "General" > "Storage & iCloud Usages" > find the unwanted App > tap is and tap “Delete App”.

😃please let me know if this method works for you 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @wfowfo77 

To uninstall the app from your IPhone 8plus do this:

1. Step 1: Turn on your iPhone 8 or 8 Plus, and go to the Home Screen.
  2. Step 2: Find the apps you don't want anymore.
  3. Step 3: Gently press and hold the app icon until it begins to wiggle and with an "X" symbol at the top right corner.
  4. Then simply tap the X to delete the app.

Then I would shut down my phone completely and then restart it. I would then go to the App Store and then install the latest Fitbit App version 3.6.1

If this resolves your issue please tap the accepted solution button 😉 please let me know if you have any further questions 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply.  Unfortunately the fitbit icon is not on my iphone screen to delete.  I believe I deleted it years back.  I can get it to appear if I swipe right and search for fitbit -- but when I click on that the screen goes black and back to my iphone screen.  If I touch it like I'd like to delete it, nothing happens.

In settings, the app is listed -- but the choices there are to allow access by siri, and cell data, etc.  I do have 'off-load unused apps' clicked on -- maybe that's it.  But it states I can reinstall if necessary.

In the app store -- the fitbit app says "Open" (not "get"), so it must think it's still installed on my phone.  I can go to the fitbit page (fitbit.com) and log into my account that way, but it certainly isn't user friendly like the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @wfowfo77 

oh my it’s trying to be a sneaky app. No worries you can delete it another way. Here’s how:

Go to "Settings" > "General" > "Storage & iCloud Usages" > find the unwanted App > tap is and tap “Delete App”.

😃please let me know if this method works for you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You, my friend, are a genus!!  I'm in. 

Wish I could buy you a beer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

🤣 you are quite welcome @wfowfo77 

Best Answer
0 Votes