Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 no longer syncing with iPhone 11 (iOS 14.6)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had a Versa 2 for 18 months and never had problems that I could not resolve. I have Fitbit Premium. My Fitbit app and iOS software is up-to-date. The Versa 2 had been syncing even after all updates. I have: (1) deleted my app and reloaded; (2) re-started the my iPhone; (3) turned bluetooth on and off; (4) disconnected my Versa 2 and reconnected; and (4) attempted to sync while charging. 

My iPhone now can't find my Versa 2 -- it is finding all sorts of other bluetooth devices. I have read what I think are all the tutorials. What else can I do? Has my watched reached the end of its useful life? I need it to sync to use it. 

Ideas? Do I just need to buy a new watch? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

That didn't work for me either. What worked for me was the following:

1. Turning off my watch (not factory reset, I didn't want to lose my data). I did this by holding the button on the left side of the watch for more than 10  seconds. It cycles through different screens -- setting up exercise etc. I just kept holding. Then watch turned off. Then I turned my watch back on. Then I did the steps below.
2. Opening Fitbit app
3. Clicking on profile picture in upper left hand corner
4. Clicking on my watch listed Versa 2
5. Scrolling down and clicking on the red text that is at the very bottom of the screen that reads, "Remove This Versa 2"
6. Then going back to that screen (Fitbit app->profile picture from upper left hand corner) and clicking on the turqoiseish text that reads and appears  in the middle of the screen "+ Set Up a Device" and following the instructions from there.

This took me through the steps of adding a new watch, where you get the code from your watch, add it to the app, and it took some time finding my watch and connecting. This is what I did last night. I hadn't taken this step before (only the other steps outlined above, including unpairing and locating in settings for my iphone). I am not sure if this is what worked for me or if something with the app itself changed.

I hope this isn't irritating -- you may have already done this before. Like I said, I am not sure if it was these last steps or just something changed and was rolled out to me. Its frustrating to not know if this was the magic or not. I was also private messaging with Fitbit on Facebook. I went to their Facebook page and private messaged. I sent them my email address for my account. Described my problems and sent them screen shots of the app platform number, showing my settings on my phone and in the app (because they tried to adjust the settings first), and screen shots of how it was collecting data just fine. They were able to see the last time my watch synced.

In the process they sent these articles, but as I point out below, there was only one valuable thing I took from this -- confirmation by FB of when I last was able to sync and doing a soft restart of my watch (this is where I got the idea to turn my phone off and reset up my watch to my app -- b/c it took  me to this article, this was the only valuable thing I learned because I had been doing everything  else! https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186.htm) These are the articles Fitbit sent to me through messenger on facebook, but they are the same things you and I are already doing: 

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1866.htm
https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2435.htm
https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2216.htm
https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1873.htm 
(note, I didn't do this -- if you do a factory reset it clears and erases your data!)

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

No moderator is going to respond? 

Best Answer

Hi @LiliyaFitbit I believe this is a system wide error, after reading the thread on the Android side. On 6/23/21 in the morning my Versa 2 stopped being able to be found by my iPhone. Both have the most up to date software. Nothing has worked: (1) passage of time; (2) deleting FB app and reloading; (3) turning phone on and off; (3) turning bluetooth on and off; (4) signing in and out of the FB app; (5) charging my watch and attempting to locate from my phone while on charge; and (6) changing notifications on and off on my iPhone. 

The app and my phone are not locating my watch, thus no data is loading (for example my sleep data from 6/22 to 6/23, my 6/23 day, my sleep data from 6/23 to 6/24, and my 6/24 day thus far), and there are no notifications. Everyone on the thread in the android forum and the multiple posts in this form have expressed that the steps recommended do not work. Do you know if Fitbit is working on a fix? 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Regina6.

Thanks for the details shared in your post and for already trying to resolve the issue. I understand how you are feeling and recommend confirming our complete troubleshooting tips in Why won't my Fitbit device sync? To resolve the issue with notifications, see Troubleshooting quick tips for iPhones.

If the issue persists, I recommend getting in touch with our Support team so they can look deeper into the issue and help you with this matter. Click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Regina6 I am having the same issue since 6/23 my versa is not syncing and Ive done all the steps that you have, now my vera wont connect to my phone or to my computer, not sure wht to do next. Have you been able to solve your issue?

@LiliyaFitbit is there a general outage reported?

Best Answer

@GabySimon I unpaired my versa 2 through the app just 30 minutes ago and re paired and it halfway worked! The app located my watch and and synced some of my data from 6/23 and 6/24. However my sleep data was not synced and that is what I really needed. I am hoping it gets synced tomorrow morning. 

Best Answer

I will try again did it 5 mins ago and still not pairing on my end, thanks for the quick reply. I’ll try again tomorrow if it doesn’t work today

Best Answer
0 Votes
Clicking on it in the app and choosing disconnect and then repairing inside the app - not in settings suddenly worked. But I am not sure if it is timing. Still no sleep data but the rest of the data and notifications are there and happening. Let me know if not works tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@GabySimon it is working today too including my sleep data from last night. I am just missing my sleep data from the previous two nights, but everything else has synced. 

Is yours working today? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can’t even connect the phone to my app, I deleted ir at some point yesterday and boy I can’t even get it to pair

will delete app, install again and keep trying 

Best Answer

That didn't work for me either. What worked for me was the following:

1. Turning off my watch (not factory reset, I didn't want to lose my data). I did this by holding the button on the left side of the watch for more than 10  seconds. It cycles through different screens -- setting up exercise etc. I just kept holding. Then watch turned off. Then I turned my watch back on. Then I did the steps below.
2. Opening Fitbit app
3. Clicking on profile picture in upper left hand corner
4. Clicking on my watch listed Versa 2
5. Scrolling down and clicking on the red text that is at the very bottom of the screen that reads, "Remove This Versa 2"
6. Then going back to that screen (Fitbit app->profile picture from upper left hand corner) and clicking on the turqoiseish text that reads and appears  in the middle of the screen "+ Set Up a Device" and following the instructions from there.

This took me through the steps of adding a new watch, where you get the code from your watch, add it to the app, and it took some time finding my watch and connecting. This is what I did last night. I hadn't taken this step before (only the other steps outlined above, including unpairing and locating in settings for my iphone). I am not sure if this is what worked for me or if something with the app itself changed.

I hope this isn't irritating -- you may have already done this before. Like I said, I am not sure if it was these last steps or just something changed and was rolled out to me. Its frustrating to not know if this was the magic or not. I was also private messaging with Fitbit on Facebook. I went to their Facebook page and private messaged. I sent them my email address for my account. Described my problems and sent them screen shots of the app platform number, showing my settings on my phone and in the app (because they tried to adjust the settings first), and screen shots of how it was collecting data just fine. They were able to see the last time my watch synced.

In the process they sent these articles, but as I point out below, there was only one valuable thing I took from this -- confirmation by FB of when I last was able to sync and doing a soft restart of my watch (this is where I got the idea to turn my phone off and reset up my watch to my app -- b/c it took  me to this article, this was the only valuable thing I learned because I had been doing everything  else! https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186.htm) These are the articles Fitbit sent to me through messenger on facebook, but they are the same things you and I are already doing: 

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1866.htm
https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2435.htm
https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2216.htm
https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1873.htm 
(note, I didn't do this -- if you do a factory reset it clears and erases your data!)

Best Answer
0 Votes

i got to the point where the code on the watch is entered on The phone and it tells me something went wrong, restarte the watch and deleted and te-installed the app and now it won’t even find the watch. I’ll follow the steps you are giving me and I will keep trying! I will let you know if I get it to work! 😊 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh no! 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes

It finally worked, all data has synced and the app is up and running as ir should! Thanks for the help

Best Answer
0 Votes
Wonderful!! So happy for you. What a long few days.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes