Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 won't sync after being charged

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Every time I charge my Versa 2, I have to delete it from the app and reinstall it to make it and the app work together.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
I think I figured it out. I had Bluetooth connected to my Versa 2 on my iPhone and on my iPad (where I have my Fitbit App). I think that caused a conflict. I disconnected my Versa 2 from Bluetooth on my phone and now all seems to be well.

I just charged my Versa 2 and put it back on my wrist and looked at my app on my iPad and they were syncing.

If I have trouble again, I will let you know.

Thanks.

Karolynn

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Kcinalaska. Welcome to the Forums.

Thanks for letting me know about your Versa 2 and the steps tried prior posting. This shouldn't be happening and just to confirm, have you synced your watch with another phone, tablet or computer? Do you have more devices nearby? What is the error message displayed on the Fitbit app?

In the meantime, let's try the following steps in the given order:

1. Remove the Versa 2 from the Bluetooth settings.
  2. Turn off other Bluetooth connections that are nearby.
  3. Verify if the Fitbit app is updated to the latest version.
  4. Force quit the Fitbit app and reboot your phone.
  5. Open the Fitbit app and set it up as a new device.
  6. If you're prompt to pair via Bluetooth, please proceed with it.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your response. I have done all of the above. I don’t get an error message when I take my Versa 2 off the charger. It just won’t converse with my Fitbit App. When I go to the App and go into my Versa 2 it just keeps searching for my Versa 2 and can’t find it. So I end up deleting my “device” from the App and reinstalling it every time in order to get it working again.

I had a thought last night. Maybe next time I charge my Versa 2 and put it back on my wrist, I will hold the left button of the watch for the ten seconds and see if that works in getting the App and watch to talking to each other. Otherwise I have no clue. My phone says no device is connected to Bluetooth in the settings.

I am almost at a loss. This did not happen the very first time I charged the watch. I do have an Alta, but I deleted it from the app a week ago because I thought there might be a problem between the two devices. It still has some juice in its battery. When it dies, I will no longer use it. I only used it to strap around my ankle under my sock when riding my recumbent bicycle. I will do this with my Versa 2 in the future.

Karolynn
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Kcinalaska. I'm glad to see you again and I'm sorry for the delayed response.

Thanks for taking the time to try the steps posted above as well for sharing more details about your Versa 2's behavior when trying to sync your data. This shouldn't be happening and since the troubleshooting didn't work correctly, I've requested a case on your behalf so our Support team can give you a hand. They'll send you an email with more details shortly.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I think I figured it out. I had Bluetooth connected to my Versa 2 on my iPhone and on my iPad (where I have my Fitbit App). I think that caused a conflict. I disconnected my Versa 2 from Bluetooth on my phone and now all seems to be well.

I just charged my Versa 2 and put it back on my wrist and looked at my app on my iPad and they were syncing.

If I have trouble again, I will let you know.

Thanks.

Karolynn
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Kcinalaska. I hope you're doing well and I'm sorry for the delayed response.

I appreciate your efforts in working on this situation and I'm glad that your Versa 2 was able to sync with your iPad after disconnecting it from your iPhone's Bluetooth settings. That was a great idea and I'll mark your post as "the Best Answer" to help other friends experiencing similar issues. 😊

I'd like to invite you to our Health & Wellness board where you can make new friends and share your experience while reaching your fitness goals.

Best Answer
0 Votes