Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Lite not updating or syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit versa lite is not getting updated after iOS 13 update ... tried everything nothing is working .... don’t know how this will resolve 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
121 REPLIES 121

I had to send the versa lite  back, they told me it was defective. Im sure when the other one comes in i will have the same issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is my concern as well.  Is there a hardware issue or is it a software issue?  My VL worked like a charm for a week.  Fitbit is supposed to be sending me a replacement (5-7 days to receive after shipping, when I asked how long it would take to be shipped I heard crickets).  I would like to hear from those that have received their replacement to see if they have had success.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The other concern is are they sending you a brand new device or a factory refurbished one? If it's the latter, that's quite the rip off considering you just received a brand new one and already are getting a downgrade.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update: Ayfer 24 hours the watch is finally working! What worked for me:

- I switched off WiFi on my iPhone7!

- connected (wired) the watch to my Windows10 laptop

- ran the update and synchronisation

- - - all problems solved! - - -
*never give up* 
❤️ 

hope this will help other members 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

The instructions that were given by FitBit regarding the disposition of the failed unit advised me to ethically dispose of it in the e-waste facility of my choice.  If FitBit doesn't get it sent back to them it won't end up in a refurbished state with anyone else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

same here. i went on chat with a rep and he was telling me what to do from what i already tried. frustrating much

Best Answer
0 Votes

No it's not working.

I have been trying for like a week and even chatted with a rep and still not working. getting mad by the minute

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi! I’m sorry your experiencing this, I am still unable to use my device it’s been almost 2 months, Fitbit even sent me a complimentary Versa lite I would say to keep me satisfied, and remain a loyal customer, however I can’t even use it because It won’t pair... I started my new gym today with no Fitbit and it’s darn depressing and disappointing, Of all times I need this and unable to utilize it. Best of luck to you, I say switch!!!!
Amy

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Aimee hi thank you for your note.

Yes it is very depressing without my Fitbit as I was kind of relying on that to keep me going.
Now the only way that they want me to replace it is if i supply them with proof of purchase but it was a birthday present from my daughter and she bought it with cash,.. yes im thinking of Samsung watch now.
thank you so much for your useful advice.

All the best
Jean
Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit has been updated. Now it just doesn't work right. Wont show time with motion. Will not respond always when I touch screen or the button

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried as you said and my fitbit recognizes the app but then just says start download go to fit bit app. is there a phone number i could call for technical help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am trying to following these directions but I can't even get into my watch to access the settings to shut down and restart the watch.  All i have is the fitbit icon and it just stays there. I have tried deleting the Fitbit app three times on my iPhone but still get the fitbit icon on my watch and nothing happens. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
On your phone: close WiFi. That worked for me.
Best Answer
0 Votes

In reading the discussion forums I take my outcome as a lucky one.  When I ran into trouble with my Fitbit Versa Lite I turned to the Support pages and tried all of the strategies to get my device back on track.  When that failed, I went to the Support -> Online Chat and in less than 5 minutes had conversed with a Support person that quickly concluded that my device would be replaced under warranty.  That was late on a Saturday night and a few days later the replacement was delivered via courier.  The replacement did not appear to be previously used or refurbished, so I take it that I was sent a brand new one.  I went through the procedure to link it with my iPhone and it did a firmware upgrade without issue.  All features of the Fitbit Versa Lite are working perfectly.  I have been notified on my iPhone that there is another firmware upgrade that wants to be installed, but because of my previous issue and some negative outcomes that I've read about on these forums, I'm reluctant to perform the upgrade when nothing appears broken or amiss.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello! I had to give you my input because I hear the frustration in your words and I was rite there just a month ago....
Return your watch, do not upgrade, It will be the same, I made that mistake However the company got so sick of me continuously calling and really voicing my opinions they sent me a complimentary Versa Lite! And the **ahem** thing won't even work with my IOS 13, I suffer from Atrial Fib, My hear rate the other day was 236 and if I had the Fitbit on I would have had a warning to get myself to safety and not risk death, However it's back to the old days now and FitBit still hasn't been able to come up with a "fix". Anyway..... Return it and get your money back before it's too late, just keep up to date with this app and then if there is ever a "fix" you can go back out and buy a new watch then they will be worth NOTHING because they will be considered "junk". I feel your frustrations and am rite there with you my friend. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I got it resolved

Daniel
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried these steps numerous times over the last couple of weeks. My Fitbit  versa lite that I received for Christmas is useless. I am so fed up, I've had Fitbits for years now and this is the first one I've ever had this kind of issue with. Is there any way I can get my versa lite up and running again or do I have to return it and get a different product. Please Help.

Lucy

Best Answer
0 Votes
I called customer service they walk me through it and my fit bit is working so if you have this issue call support they can walk you through it and help you fix it , you may need to log onto your desktop to resolve it like I did , I doesn’t work doing it on the phone you have to update on website

Daniel
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you but I am just waiting for my replacement now.
I tried all those and who has time nowadays to go through this day after day with no success. Thank you anyways.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I was on the chat line with a rep cos I was doing everything that it has required me to do via their ''help'' so I have posted back the Fitbit for a replacement.
And I'm still waiting for the replacement.
Best Answer
0 Votes