Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa is unable to sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have checked the forums and tried all suggestions... restarting both phone and Versa. Checking software on iPhone is updated. (It is). Updating app.  Uninstalling then reinstalling app. TUrning ‘all day sync’ off, and attempting sync, then turning it back on and attempting sync.  Turning Bluetooth on and off. 

Nothing is working and it’s very frustrating!! I have had the watch for just over a month.  The last full sync was 12 days ago! And my phone battery is constantly drained prematurely from attempting to sync all day! I don’t receive notifications nor recorded stats given it won’t sync.  Help!

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject + Format.

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

I have no solution but I’m having the same problem with my 2 day old Zip. It’s very frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @K8iM8i, thanks for joining us, it's always a pleasure for me to welcome new members to the Fitbit Community. I hope you're doing well @Maria2018, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

@K8iM8i, thanks for sharing your experience with us and for letting me know all the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far in hopes to resolve your issue. At this moment I would like to suggest you to set up your Versa as a new device in your phone to reset the connection between both devices. Don't worry, none of the information already stored in the account will be deleted. 

To set up your Versa as a new device:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  4. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
  5. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around that might interfere when setting up. Also, it's a good idea to restart your Versa by pressing and holding the Back and Select buttons (left and bottom right) until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen one more time before setting it up as a new device. 

@Maria2018, if you have already tried all the troubleshooting steps @K8iM8i mentioned in her post, please try to set up your Zip as a new device with the instructions provided earlier. If you're still having trouble syncing your tracker, please reply to me with a list of troubleshooting steps you've have already performed so I can determine what we should do next. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

@MarcoGFitbit It started working again. Thanks for helping.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Maria2018, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know your Zip started working again, I'm very glad. Smiley Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good morning @MarcoGFitbit. So here we are less than one month later and the Versa is doing exactly the same thing again and not completing the sync.  

It is ridiculous to expect that every 3-4 wks I’ll have to manually reset and load it as a new device just to be able to use it 😞  Its not like it’s a cheap watch!

The last full sync occurred on the 4th of September!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @K8iM8i, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have come back and shared your experience with me. Thanks for letting me know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. At this moment i would like to ask you to try the following:

• Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone again.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am seriously dissatisfied and disappointed that I have to spend so much time mucking around with this watch!

I will try these steps when I have access to my home wifi ... but just so we’re clear - I am not happy this watch has spent more time OFF my wrist not working, than ON 😞
Kind Regards,
Katie Williams
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @K8iM8i, thanks for taking the time to reply, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your feedback with us. I was wondering if you were able to perform these troubleshooting steps and if performing them were helpful for you. This will be very helpful for me to check this further and determine what we should do next in case you're still experiencing issues. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is still not working...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @K8iM8i, I hope you're doing well, thanks for replying and confirming with me you have already tried the troubleshooting steps listed on this thread.

Thanks for your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ever since the latest update I have had problems. Today food being logged is disappearing and the Versa won’t sync. The other day it didn’t record active minutes. I am getting frustrated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good luck with your issues... mine weren’t ever fixed so my Versa became a very expensive ornament... won’t ever buy a Fitbit again 😒

Kind Regards,
Katie Williams
Best Answer
0 Votes