Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not syncing with app.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

No updates on my fitbit dashboard since 8/8. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
46 REPLIES 46

Hello @Throtol, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to share your insight and recommendations with us, I'm sure they will be very helpful for many members of the Community. Additionally, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback as well. 

If there's anything else we can do for you or if there's anything you'd like to add, please feel free to reply! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Just got this as a gift two weeks ago, same issue... I’m going to return mine. That sucks because I really liked it.🤷🏻‍:female_sign:

Best Answer

Hello @Debbiewebbie, I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have joined us and for reporting this to us. Would it be possible for you to let me know exactly which troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? This will be very helpful for us to check this further and continue assisting you. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for responding . I followed the steps of holding the button to reset it. It did work ( last night) This morning I had to turn my phone off and then turn it back on to get it to sync but it did. This seems like a nuisance if this is an ongoing issue.  Could there possibly be an update to deal with this in correcting it? I’ve only had it for two weeks.

Best Answer

This is a huge issue with no resolution. Return it before its to late. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the input, I believe I will do just that..

Best Answer

Hello @Debbiewebbie, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and provide the information requested. It's nice to see you too @Cnynurse, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

@Debbiewebbie, I appreciate you have come back and let us know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. If you're still having trouble syncing and you have also tried the troubleshooting steps on my previous post, my best recommendation would be setting up your watch as a new device to reset the connection between your phone and your watch. Don't worry, none of the information already stored in your account will be deleted. 

To set up your watch as a new device:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  4. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
  5. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My versa won't sync.  I have done the restart multiple times with no success.  Its hasn't synced in weeks.  Now I decided to unpair and try to set up the device again.  Now it won't connect at all.  It says it finds it but then won't finish connecting.  So basically now my Versa isn't hooked up to the app at all! This is so incredibly frustrating!!!

Best Answer

I've only had my Fitbit Versa about a month and this week it has started having issues syncing. I have tried all of the recommended fixes multiple times and I am still experiencing issues. I owned a Charge HR for several years and never had these issues. 

iPhone 8S

IOS Version 12.1.2

App Version 2.84

Versa Version  32.12.19

Have you all found a fix for all of these issues or should I return my device where I bought it.  Please advise. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Kelly I’ve only had mine a few weeks, having same issues. Was able to reset it twice to get it to sync but it’s a headache ! I’m trying to give it a few weeks  to see if the developer will come up with the right software update to fix the obvious bug they know they have before I’m forced to return mine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. I appreciate some of you have replied with the information requested. At this moment, I would like to suggest you to update the Fitbit app in case you haven't done it yet and if you're still unable to sync or set up your Fitbit device, please try the following:

1. Restart your device
  2. Restart your phone
  3. Make sure there's is no other Bluetooth device nearby (this is very important)
  4. If you changed phoned recently and you have your old phone at hand, make sure the device is not on the list of paired devices under Settings > Bluetooth. If it is, please remove it. 

After that, try to sync or set up the device again and let us know the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you ! I have not had any issues since I did the update last week! I’m hoping the bug has been fixed❤️

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Debbiewebbie, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have come back and let us know your issue has now been resolved after the latest update, I'm very glad. In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have spent a lot of time and trouble updating, removing blue tooth connections and adding them back again... so far so good.

I’m hoping the Fit bit update resolves the issue. I didn’t have issues for the first few weeks at all, so it’s too early to tell yet!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here Kelly🙏🏼❤️🙏🏼

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Debbiewebbie and @Kellygirl63, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

@Kellygirl63 I appreciate you have come back and let us know that after the update you're no longer having trouble, I'm very glad. 

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply, we'll be happy to assist you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This problem is not exclusive to Apple users.  I have an LG V20.  I just got my Versa and have been unable to get it to sync. I have even looked at the weather app and it just says I need to sync.  Can't sync.  It shouldn't be this hard.  Looking into sending it back.

Best Answer
0 Votes
You had me disconnect my Versa and now I can't reconnect. My phone says it
found the device but then the app just says it can't connect. This is
ridiculous!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem.  Disconnected my Versa and now my Android (fitbit app just downloaded, so most recent version), can find my versa but cannot connect to it...any help available?  (I already went online and fitbit.com does not allow for set up of Versa's - they must be done via mobile phone app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried the steps you told everyone and it fixed my Versa first time. Just wanted to thank you for your help that not many people appreciate. Some people may give you a hard time, but you help many more people than you know. Keep doing  the good work, Thanks again! 🙏🏼 

Best Answer