Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume problem with cues and music

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Sometimes when I'm tracking activity via the iPhone app (iOS 8.4, iPhone 5, Fitbit 2.12) and playing music in the Music app, the volume will be about half of what it should be until the first voice cue, and then afterwards the volume of the music doubles. Sometimes this happens if I change the playlist/song in the middle of a workout. I have found no way to reset the volume aside from waiting for the next voice cue. If I turn up the volume via the buttons on the side of the phone, when the next cue does happen, its painfully loud and then the music becomes painfully loud. Its about the most discouraging thing I can imagine in the middle of a workout and sudden blasts of loud noise while using earbuds are about the worst thing you can do to your ears.

This happened to me twice today and I note that the "music control" switch is off and greyed out and I can't turn it back on.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@johndouglass Does editing the voice cues in the Fitbit iOS App help?

To edit voice cues, please:

-Hit the account button in the bottom right-hand corner.

-Click Exercise tracking.

-Modify the volume of the voice cues to your preferred level.

Keep me posted if this helps!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
Hi Derrick,
I tried switching to low volume and it was fine for a few runs. Then on one
of my runs, when it was about to announce the first cue, the music volume
dropped as expected but the computer voice never played and the music
volume never returned to normal. I had to stop the run and turn off cues
altogether to get the volume to go back to normal. I've had cues off since
then, but I'd like them back whenever the bug gets fixed!

John Douglass
johndouglass.net
(404) 272-8397
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've searched high and low for this answer.

Thank you...

Why on earth does it default to off? 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @pete2761, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. Please note that Voice Cues are off by default so when you enable them, you'll be able to set your own cues. Please keep in mind that if you're unable to hear the cues, when you're setting them up, tap on "preview cues" and adjust the volume as you desire. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes