Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walk and run times gone since update.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Went for a walk / run this morning and my mile times were all there. Looks like the app has updated today and for this mornings walk and some previous I now get the following.

cue ?? Mi ??

then for all my 7 miles, just

??'??

what on earth has happened, never saw this before the update.

Best Answer
0 Votes
16 REPLIES 16

I have this issue as well. All my split times are gone. Just happened after the last update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly my symptom. Just been for a test walk and it has recorded splits but the other data still appears to be corrupt. Definitely seems tied to the update. It still knows how long the walk took in total, calories burned, heart rate etc but my splits are gone.

Any way to get these back or are they gone for good? It has affected some previous split data too, possibly 7 or 8 outings.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here immediately after most recent IOS update. The data seems to still be available on the website but most run data is replaced with question marks on the app. This has to be an app problem but it is extremely inconvenient and the information is essential if you are training. A few historical runs seem OK but about 90% aren't. Can somebody from Fitbit please investigate, respond and hopefully fix quickly. If not, surely there must be a way to roll back to the previous version of the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I noticed twice today and Thursday the distance and therefore speed where off.

i do similar walks do know distance.

today first lap of 1 km was twice as fast as normal.

the next 8 k were a bit slower but still much faster than normal

when I went to community to see if others had this problem I found this post. I checked all my splits from august 6 to 10th have the ???

i never noticed when liking before so milestone have changed on 10th

to confuse things I upgraded my iPhone to 7plus on August 3rd

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK. I've been looking into this. The problem is definitely with the latest app update but the information on Pace, Split times etc is still on the website. Fitbit needs to address the problem but I have found this has sorted it for me (it's tedious if you have a lot of data but it works for me).

Each Run/Walk with GPS data (i.e. a map) has to be opened in the normal way (click the arrow next to the map). If you see the ??.?? entries for times, hit the arrow after "Categorise Exercise >" just above the map. The categories will appear but you will notice that none are ticked (i.e. the app has lost the category or is simply not reading it even though it shows at the top of the map screen). Tick the category that applies (e.g. Run or Walk). After a couple of seconds you will be taken back to the previous screen showing the map but, this time, your pace data will magically appear almost immediately. You will have to do this for every historical exercise separately which can take a while but it gets your information back.

Fitbit ... you really need to check this sort of thing before you roll out updates that are supposed to be bug fixes.

I hope this helps some people recover their data.

Best Answer

Yes re categorising does bring the times back, thanks. Fitbit need to look into the issue though.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Glad to have been of help.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I happened to change the frequency settings of my flex 2 voice cues, switching from time-based to distance based. That seemed to upset past records of previous settings, as the timings and distances all turned into question marks. Is there any way to restore the past records? If not, perhaps there should be a warning note to pre-empt the impact to expect?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! That fix worked but hope Fitbit gets their act together before they do another update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @lsmlsm, I do not think this is related to anything you did (changed settings).  I have made no changes to my settings and I now have ?? for all my km splits.  I believe this is a bug in the iOS program introduced sometime in the last 7 days.  I have flagged this to Fitbit as a potential issue, and we will see what they say.

In the meantime, as this is an iOS issue, you should be able to see your splits correctly if you look at your web based dashboard.

I hope this helps!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Voice cues?  How do you get those?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @MoonstoneWolf, the voice cues are activated via the Fitbit app on your phone, and are only available for runs.  To get voice cues on a run tap choose the exercise icon, then the stop watch icon then toggle voice cues to "on".

For more detailed instructions please say what phone you are using.

Best Answer

Hi @Julia_G, thank you for your reply! Very helpful indeed! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @lsmlsm, it appears that logging out of the app and logging back in again will fix this. Let us know if it works for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks to all of you for reporting this issue! I've brought this up to our team and they are investigating. I will update this thread when I have more information. 

@Julia_G Thanks for finding a workaround for the time being! Can anyone confirm if logging out of the app, then logging back in fixed this for them? Please let me know, I'll be around. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Julia for the update! Yes it's working fine now 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes