Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather app won't sync on Versa 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Seems like an old issue never fixed. I am ready to return the Versa 2. It updates time and steps but not weather- and tells me to enable background reft, which is enabled. Will Google/Fitbit finally do something about it???

Tom

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the community, @twassmer.

Thank you for sharing this information and the steps you've already tried. I'm sorry you're having this issue and I'll do my best to help.

As you may know, there are certain requirements that need to be met to use this app. While the background refresh setting is enabled, I recommend checking if the Location is set to Always for the Fitbit app on your iPhone. Additionally, check if all the permissions are turned on when going to the Fitbit app > Devices > Versa 2 > Gallery > Weather.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, Lizzy. Unfortunately, I already had all these settings on, but they will not sync automatically, only if I do it manually through the Fitbit app.

Best Answer

Hi there, @twassmer.

Thanks for checking those settings and I'm sorry the issue persists. To continue working on this, let's try reconnecting your watch to the Fitbit app by doing the following:

1. Forget your Versa 2 from the Bluetooth settings
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app and reboot your phone
  3. Restart your watch to refresh its performance
  4. Open the Fitbit app, tap Devices > Add More Devices
  5. Select your Versa 2, tap Replace Device and follow the on-screen instructions

Once the set up process is completed, check one more time if the permissions are enabled and try using the Weather app on your watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes