Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight auto logging when I didn’t add anything

Every day the app auto logs my weight. I don’t have a smart scale. I use an iPhone and an Inspire 2. I recently updated the app but it’s the same problem before and after the update. I didn’t enter my weight, but the app automatically logs it as a manual entry every day. When I go to enter my weight, it asks if I want to override the existing entry. 

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

Hi @Natasha81 - do you have your account linked to any other apps? MyFitnessPal or some other food logging program, for example? If a linked app has a weight field, and you've allowed the programs to sync data, it may be pulling whatever is entered in the weight field in the other program.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

Thanks for checking, but no. I don’t have it connected to any other apps. And I don’t record my weight in any other apps either. 

Best Answer

Yes!!! I am having this exact same problem ! What the heck. I look back and don’t even know now what weight I actually really entered and where the false auto ones begin 😞 like some weird setting making it auto log a repeat of last entry ?? How do we stop this someone please help !!

IMG_2663.jpeg

Best Answer

Same here 

Best Answer

Same here ever since the app update. I used the chat help and after about 20 minutes they told me to uninstall and reinstall the app. But it didn't fix the problem. 

Best Answer

Yep exact same for me. I called in and that’s what they told me to do and it did nothing . I guess we need to report back to them with our case number , for what it’s worth…

Best Answer

This issue started in Nov for me. It started before I updated the app. I tried updating to see if it would resolve; it didn’t. I didn’t record any of these weight entries, just the first one, and it keeps entering the same value every day, until I enter a new one. 

IMG_0108.jpeg

Best Answer

Actually, I’ve taken my Fitbit off my wrist. That seems to have resolved the problem. The app stopped erroneously recording my weight, as long as I don’t use the product at all. Honestly, I might just leave it off. The data is always skewed, my heart rate is wildly inaccurate, and any time I ask a question in this forum it remains unaddressed. So long, Fitbit. 

Best Answer

Same here. I guess his hasn’t been addressed by FitBit yet other than to delete and reinstall the app. 

Best Answer

Did that and no luck . Also did what last rep advised , changed the weight measurement to tons, closed the app, then re open and back to pounds … no luck again . So they submitted an escalated ticket complaint for me. It’s been a week and haven’t heard back . 

Best Answer

I’m having the same problem. It happened after the recent update. Very frustrating!

Also since the update, it stopped recording my total amount of sleep. 

Ever since Google took over nothing works correctly. I’m looking in to other fitness trackers as well. 

I’m  very unhappy with the “new” Fitbit!

Best Answer

Grrr. Yep still happening for me and they never replied to my “escalated ticket”. I’m about  fed up with Fitbit too. This problem has been going on for MONTHS . Hard to believe they couldn't fix it by now ?!!!

Best Answer

Hello everyone, I'd like to give a warm welcome to all the new members. 

Thanks a lot for bringing this to our attention and sharing all the information and pictures about this. 

Let me tell you guys that I've reported this situation to our higher department and I'm waiting for a response from them. Please let me know if there is any update or anything new that you would like to mention.

Best Answer

Thank you so much ! It is definitely still happening on and off, strangely not on some days but then it randomly starts up again, as it is now. (I deleted one or two already that can’t be seen in this screenshot , but here for your records … I did not enter anything Sunday or today,  yet it’s incorrectly auto logging)

IMG_4830.jpeg

Best Answer

@Rosetherese I was having this problem as well, until I found the source of the errant data. It turned out to be something that was importing into my Apple Health app, which was being written to MyFitnessPal, which was then synced to Fitbit. You might have to do a bit of sleuthing yourself to find out where it's coming from in your case. 

Best Answer

Great they’re actually addressing the issue. Unfortunately I can’t tell you if it’s still happening, as this really was the last straw for me, and I’m no longer using my Fitbit. 

btw, @mikey_pdx I can confirm it was not data syncing from anywhere else. It was 100% the Fitbit app on its own. 

Best Answer

Yep I am with Natasha , 100% I don’t have any of those other apps like Apple Health either . 

Best Answer

I get it ! 

Best Answer

Thank you all for letting me know.

As I mentioned before, this issue has already been reported, and we are working on it. I will update you as soon as I have any new information.

Have a good one. 

Best Answer
0 Votes