Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight displayed on dashboard is incorrect

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

On my iPhone dashboard my weight is showing as my starting weight instead of my weight today but the weight loss is, well, was correct. It is now off by .1 

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @PJC7. It's great to have you here. I just tried to enter 157 in my Dashboard and experienced the same issue. I just filled out a bug report to the engineering team. Once any update is available it will be communicated as soon as possible. Thanks for reporting this bug.

In the meantime, as a workaround only, I found that entering 157.01 set the weight as 157.  You are welcome to give it a try.

Catch you later. Robot Very Happy

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes
That fix didn’t work for me. I have tried manually entering the weight rather than just having the scale sync enter it. That has not changed the dashboard weight either. Still shows starting weight. Weight loss adjusted correctly this morning even though the weight itself did not.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@PJC7 Thanks for getting back! So sorry to hear that the workaround shared above didn't fix the issue. As @LucyAP mentioned, this has been forwarded to our developers and a notification will be provided soon.

Let me know if more questions arise my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not sure if this is helpful additional information - on a week that my weight went up (above my Aug. 1st starting weight) the dashboard weight changed to reflect the higher number. So of course I thought, great it’s fixed. When my weight went back down below the Aug. 1st starting weight the dashboard again showed and continues to show the starting weight. It adjusts higher but not lower. I don’t know about you but I’d prefer seeing lower numbers! 🙂

Thanks for your help.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @PJC7, thank you for letting us know how it goes this issue. I would like to ask you if is possible for you to share screenshots on how your weight is reflected.

Usually the Starting Weight will be the point to loose weight and is the reference for your goal progress based to let you know how much weight you have loose. 

Weight progress.png

So by having a closer look to this issue, it will provide a better understanding to find a solution.

Perhaps the advice from @jordy1990 might be of your help in the meantime. It has help a lot of users experiencing a similar issue. If you want to give it a try here I leave the post.

See you around and come back here if you need more help.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. I've already tried the suggestion in the post several times.
I can send a screenshot but is that only going to you or will that be posted in the chat thread?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @PJC7, thank you for letting me know that you already tried the previous suggestion. If you post this on this thread it will be publicly, but you can send me the information on a private message for this time so in this way only I will have access to this information.

My apologies for asking this but as I commented before, it will be more helpful to have a closer look on this case to recommend a solution or at least give you the correct directions to resolve this.

See you around and for more help keep me posted.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes