Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird bug when editing time and category of a workout

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

There is a weird bug when trying to edit a workout. I started the workout (I was roller skating) as an "outdoor" workout from my fitbit. Forgot to turn it off when I left. Went to edit the time in the app, and it seemed to allow me to, but then when I pressed done nothing changed. I refreshed, the time was not edited. 

I thought maybe if I edit the time, then also categorize the activity it'll update it when I refresh. Well it worked, yay! ...except that when I went to categorize the activity it only gave me: Bike, Gold, Hike, Interval Workout, Run, Walk, as options, no search bar, those were my only choices. So I just choose interval workout because I was just testing to see if categorizing the activity would force the time edits I made to actually happen. After I discovered that this indeed allowed my time edits to be updated, I went to change the category, this time though it gave me a search bar, so I searched roller skating and was pleasantly surprised when it came up, clicked it, seemed to work, but again when I refreshed it went back to interval workout. 

So then I tried re categorizing it to golf, to see if when I pressed the categorize workout button it would give me the search bar again, which it did, but it still wont update to roller skating when I choose it, it just leaves it as golf when I refresh. 

Summary of issue:

Can't edit the time of the workout without also categorizing the workout, you should be able to just edit the time and have it update. 

Only have those 6 category's to choose from, even when it does give you a search bar to choose other things, if you choose something else it wont actually update when you refresh. 

This is a super annoying bug that should be fixed. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Here is possibly a more concise explanation of the issue, which will hopefully help whoever's job it is to fix bugs,

If you want to edit the time, you have to edit the time, press done, then press categorize exercise at which point it gives you only the 6 options mentioned above with no search bar, you choose one, then when you refresh it will update the time and update to the category you choose of the 6 options. 

If you want to (try) edit the category to one that's not those 6, you have to do the following

1) press categorize activity, [the first time you press it (and any time following if you don't finish this step and do step 2)) it will only give you the 6 options] choose one of the 6 

2) press the 3 dots to edit activity time, you don't need to actually change the time, just hit done

3) press categorize activity, NOW it will show you the search bar, you can search for your activity and choose it, it'll seem like it worked, BUT when you refresh it'll just go back to the activity you choose in step 1)

I have not found a hack to get a category chosen from the search bar to actually stick when you refresh, its also weird that you have to do steps 1) and 2) to even get the search bar in the first place 

Best Answer
0 Votes