Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What on earth is going on with the new app?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is anyone else having MAJOR issues with the new app, mine was not syncing at all and I was having to manually sync every single time which wasn't necessarily always successful. I ended up doing a whole bunch of troubleshooting, including removing and re-adding the device, none of which worked so I had to completely delete the app (losing all my data in the process 😭) now I have re-added it and synced again and although it appears to be syncing, my home screen is showing a static number of steps (13, 872), zone mins (51), km (10.28), cals (1,712) and I have to click into each category to see the actual value which for 8:32am today right now are steps 8144, zone mins 39, kms 6.01, cal 862. Can anyone tell my why this is happening and how I can fix it? 

Fitbit 1.jpgFitbit 2.jpgFitbit 3.jpgFitbit 4.jpgFitbit 5.jpg

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

I don’t have issues like yours, but every 3 days I stop getting reminders to move. I power off the phone and plug my Charge 5 into a charger. I then hit the button on the charge cord and reboot the device 3 times. Power the phone back on and I’m good for 3 days. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How frustrating, it kind of seems like google didn't spend a whole lot of time on end user testing judging by the number of people having issues.

Best Answer

Last week, Fitbit/Google had server issues that caused problems. The problem I believe was solved with the workaround however, updating of the application still is slow and troublesome. To the best of my knowledge, the problem has not been fully resolved. As more people have switched to iOS version 4.00 through 4.002 from the older versions, the performance is continuing to slow down, and I have found that sinks are required, whether it is sinking on the home screen with the button at the bottom, or using the pool to refresh motion to  Update, or the best result clicking on application/device then on your tracker and then scrolling down to sync now. Fitbit has responded on its blog and it looks like work is being done to restore, lost functionality and improve system operation. Optimistic and skeptical I await to see the results. I have dictated this on my cell phone and hope you will be able to understand my ramblings 

Best Answer
0 Votes