Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is it so difficult for Fitbit to get iOS syncing working reliably?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve had my Inspire HR for about 18 months now. It’s pretty good for its price point in most ways but I’m about to throw the thing in the bin, why can’t I go more than a few weeks without having an enormous issue syncing it with my iPhone? Bugs happen, I get it. There are a lot of variable between ecosystems, phone operating systems and app updates, I get it. But all my devices are set to auto update like 80% of the rest of the world and the only issue I constantly have is with Fitbit. If it happened one or twice, fine no problem but I must have seen that ‘failed to sync’ message a 100 times now - it’s ridiculous and it’s only a problem with Fitbit.

Why can’t they figure this out? Ironically It probably doesn’t matter - I’ll probably never buy one again.

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @keven11 

It does matter 😉 It frustrates you and I’d be frustrated as well. I do know (quite some time ago) the all day sync function was removed. Apparently it was done as a way to help unnecessary battery drain but like you I find myself having to do a manual sync more often then I care too. You can try turning your Bluetooth off, restarting your phone the turn your Bluetooth back on. That helps the issue most of the time. If the doesn’t help you can try restarting your Inspire HR. Since you’ve been a Fitbit member for quite sometime you understand that doing a restart doesn’t delete any of your data. Just plug your Inspire into its charger then press and hold the button down on your Inspire HR until you see the smiley icon then release the button. 
😃 I hope that this helps fix your syncing issue and provides you with a solution. Please let me know

Best Answer

Basically we have to do a manual restart to sync all the time, it’s 2022 not 1982. Should I expect the old dial up tone too?

Best Answer

Not entirely true @Sooby2452 I’ve had my current fitbit since September 2019 and only performed a restart once. Syncing issues can happen for a variety of different reasons. I do make a habit of restarting my phone about every three days (just a habit) as I feel it makes things I do with my phone more efficient. Maybe that’s why I’ve never had sync issues 🤷‍:female_sign: maybe not…it’s random most of the time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lucky you, it’s still not syncing, deleted, added, logged in/out etc etc etc still not syncing. Again.

Best Answer
0 Votes