Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won’t map my run!

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fit bit will no longer map my run. What do I do to fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello and welcome to the Fitbit Community @Mitchsas 

I understand your map will not run. Please review these steps here: 

1. In the Fitbit app, open Exercise Shortcuts. For more information, see How do I track my workouts with my Fitbit device?
  2. Tap the exercise you want to track, and make sure Connected GPS is turned on.

If GPS doesn't connect, confirm GPS is enabled on your device:

1. On Blaze, tap the Exercise screen, and find the exercise you want to track.
  2. Tap the gear icon, and make sure Use Phone GPS is on.

After you complete a workout with GPS, sync your device and open your exercise history in the Fitbit app to see your route, distance, and pace. 

😃 Hopefully this will resolve your issue. Please keep me posted. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Hello and welcome to the Fitbit Community @Mitchsas 

I understand your map will not run. Please review these steps here: 

1. In the Fitbit app, open Exercise Shortcuts. For more information, see How do I track my workouts with my Fitbit device?
  2. Tap the exercise you want to track, and make sure Connected GPS is turned on.

If GPS doesn't connect, confirm GPS is enabled on your device:

1. On Blaze, tap the Exercise screen, and find the exercise you want to track.
  2. Tap the gear icon, and make sure Use Phone GPS is on.

After you complete a workout with GPS, sync your device and open your exercise history in the Fitbit app to see your route, distance, and pace. 

😃 Hopefully this will resolve your issue. Please keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your help! It’s working now.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I’m happy I was able to help @Mitchsas. Enjoy your holidays and Happy Stepping! 😃

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is still not working for me.  It inconsistently maps.  I frequently get a notification on my fitbit charge4 as I'm on a run that the GPS is not working anymore and then it doesn't map.  But there's no reason the GPS shouldn't be working.  It started working, I'm not off the beaten path at all, and it's worked running those streets many other times. So why does it quit?

Best Answer

I went into Exercise shortcuts tapped on walking but did not see where to turn on GPS....I have always seen a map of my route and have not changed any settings.  Any other suggestions??

Best Answer

There is no ‘Connected GPS’ to turn on in Exercise Shortcuts, in the app (there is on the device, this is always on). Do you have any other suggestions to get my Charge 4 tracking maps again. I’ve tried all the other ones - reset device, log out/in, make sure GPS on, use built-in/phone. 

Best Answer

Yes, seeing the same here. No maps for runs. It's happened on both runs this week.

Best Answer

If MegaBite's answer doesn't work, here is what has consistently worked for me: 

1. Before a run, turn off bluetooth on your phone and then turn it back on. Ensure the fitbit is connected

2. On the phone fitbit app, start an exercise (on the iPhone click the large + sign on the line for number of days exercised. This will open the track exercise program and it will show a GPS map (don't actually start the exercise on the phone, just ensure the map appears). Note: I start a run on my actual fitbit device. The first time, I didn't start the run on the fitbit device, but *did* start a run on the iphone app and the fitbit device apparently detected a run in addition to the phone, so I then had two entries to deal with. Annoying.

Anyway, I don't know if both of the steps are really necessary (refreshing the bluetooth connection of the device/phone AND forcing the fitbit app to generate a map). I've been unwilling to risk missing a map to see if both are required. My working theory is that over time, the bluetooth connection between the device and the phone gets wonky (i often go out of range of my phone, requiring the device/phone to reconnect when I come back). In the same way that computers eventually need to be rebooted, the bluetooth connection needs to be refreshed/rebooted. That's my theory. Before, I'd be missing a map every few weeks or so. Now, when I do this, I always always get a map. Maybe they'll eventually make it bug-free, but this workaround works in the interim. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having this same issue when I switched to a new phone.  On my old phone I would get a map when I started logging an exercise from my fitbit.  With the new phone I don't get a map if I start the exercise on the fitbit.  I can get a map if I start the exercise within the app (which is annoying and an extra step I didn't used to need to do) but it doesn't record my heartrate information like it used to.  Is there a way to get both the gps map and the heartrate information together?

Best Answer