Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't sync without wifi

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I have been trying to sync my tracker with my app and it won't sync unless there is wifi. It also hasnt logged any steps without me having wifi or since I've updated. It keeps saying I have less steps then I have take. I don't know what to do?! Help!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
56 REPLIES 56

Hello @Dicampok, I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Please note that as mentioned earlier, Fitbit devices can store up to 7 days of detailed information and 30 days of general information, however they need an internet connection (WiFi or cellular data) to sync with the Fitbit app to transfer the information recorded by them to our servers. Once synced, the data gets stored in our servers. 

I understand your concern about this situation and I appreciate your understanding. I hope you have a great day. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
I understand that the device will store info for 7 days but the way it was designed detracts from its usability

⁣Sent from Blue ​
Best Answer

In my gym there is no Internet and I like tô keep looking my heart rat on th App while running indolor. I wish it could sync without internet, dont understand why not, as bluetooth is working properly. 

Tks

Best Answer

Hi Fitbit 

what I don’t understand is that I get the red message saying it won’t synch as there is no internet connection. I have my cellular data turned on and the ON toggle on the Fitbit app to use the cellular data, but still no joy. Can anyone help?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Are you sure you have a good Bluetooth connection to the watch? If you have cellular data, and it’s enabled for the Fitbit app, and Bluetooth Classic is set to ON in your watch’s settings, it should connect.
Best Answer
0 Votes
You are really missing the point.  I have a very good Bluetooth connection.  I am hiking in areas with no Wi-Fi and no cellular signal.  This means that I cannot track my progress during the hike.  I must wait till I get home where there is Wi-Fi or cellular signal to see how I did.  I do NOT like this.  I feel that as long as I have a Bluetooth connection between the fit bit and phone, I should be able to sync to the phone and the upload to web can wait till later.  In fact I would prefer not to upload to web at all.
Best Answer
I make his Words mine... Dá-me problema. At gym there is no Internet sinal and I wanted tô do spinning with fitbit connected tô The app.

Enviado do meu smartphone Sony Xperia™
Best Answer
Oh trust me, I get it. That was my whole point to Fitbit when I bought mine. Their answer was “that’s just how it’s designed.” I’m guessing they are all engineers who just can’t fathom not having an Internet connection 24/7, or even that their initial design logic wasn’t perfect. This thread has been going for a while, and as far as I can tell, all of the feedback has been largely ignored.
Best Answer

Hello @Jacqui2494@Dicampok@Bryan_MZ and @AlexBastosRJ, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around! Smiley Happy

@Jacqui2494, thanks for reporting this, if you're seeing a message that there's no internet connection when opening the Fitbit app, please turn off WiFi on  your phone for 10 seconds, then turn it back on. If you're still able to see this message, please force-quit the app and open it again. 

@Dicampok and @AlexBastosRJ, which tracker are you currently using? With many Fitbit devices you can still track your exercise and get a summary of your activity when you finish it. these trackers include the Charge, Charge 2, Blaze, Surge, Ionic and Versa.

I understand using an internet connection is not ideal for you but at this moment there aren't currently plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released here in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Happy stepping. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also think the fitbit should sync to my phone without any internet connection required!  I received a charge 2 as a gift, and then went on a trip where I was traveling across time zones completely off grid.  The only thing the fitbit could do was track steps.  It even useless as a watch since it wouldn't sync the time with my phone.  A $12 drugstore pedometer would have been as useful.  I can't tell you how disappointed I am.

Best Answer

Hello @SunsetRunner, thanks for joining the conversation, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for voicing your opinion and insight about this situation. Please note that Fitbit devices can store up to 7 days of detailed information and 30 of general information in case you're not able to sync often. 

A mentioned above, at this moment there aren't currently plans to release this feature. You can check this suggestion and vote for it so that our team can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes. 

Have a nice day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Tks for support. I have 2 problems with my Fitbit charge 2 fyi:

- internet conection necessary for online conection with app. As where i Workout there is no internet, this is a problem for me, you should consider it on next releases.

- Delay/Lag on heart rates: im running with interval hits on gym. Therefore i need instant information about heart rates, and fitbit seems not to be acurate on that.

Tks Alexandre
Best Answer

Hello @AlexBastosRJ, I hope you're having a great day, thanks for replying. Smiley Happy

Thanks for coming back and detailing the issues you're experiencing with your Charge 2. I would like to address them individually:

1. Indeed, an internet connection is necessary to sync your activities; nevertheless, you don't need a constant internet connection during your workout. You can sync your activities at the end of your day, when you're at home or the next day as Fitbit devices can store information about your exercises and activities up to 7 days. 
  2. About the heart rate lags, with high-intensity interval training, P90X, boxing, or other activities where your wrist is moving vigorously and non-rhythmically, the movement may prevent the sensor from finding an accurate heart rate. Try relaxing your wrist and staying still briefly (about 10 seconds), after which you should see an accurate heart-rate reading. Note that your device will still provide accurate calorie burn readings during these types of exercise by analyzing your heart rate trends over the course of the workout.

I hope this resolves your inquiries, if there's anything else I can do for you, don't hesitate to reply, I'll be happy to help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Internet conectivon issue relate tô online sinc with The app as I prefer tô follow The heart rate on The mobile instead of The fitbit that is movi g while I run on The gym. Without internet seems that The app disco e t with The fitbit.

Enviado do meu smartphone Sony Xperia™
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @AlexBastosRJ, I appreciate your participation in the forums, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

Thanks for clarifying with me your situation. Unfortunately, in order for your live heart rate to display in the Fitbit app, you will need an internet connection, this will link your device and your phone in real time, showing the live heart rate. 

I understand your concern about not being able to do this without an internet connection but this is not possible. As mentioned earlier, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

I hope you have a great day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same concern. Regardless of the fine print, when considerating the device's intentions: monitoring body physical and health developments through activities then syncing with one's phone to show the information, the Fitbit device would just need the phone's Bluetooth turned on to be able it to transfer info. stored in the Fitbit device to the phone. Why comes the wifi? Why does the phone need an internet connection? To send whatever and everything the phone holds to an internet address to process, sort and then share the sorted info with relating marketing companies???. The cost of buying a Fitbit to monitor those aspects of activities is in question when it includes selling involuntarily one's personal blueprints stored in their phone to the unknowns.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LocP, Fitbit does NOT sell your personal data!  So please do not worry about that.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @LocP, thanks for joining us, it's a pleasure for me to welcome new members to the Fitbit Community. It's great to see you too @Julia_G, thanks for all your help. 

@LocP, I appreciate your input about this situation and for taking the time to ask about Fitbit and privacy. As @Julia_G mentioned, we do not sell your personal data as we believe in being transparent about our data practices. We work hard to keep your data safe. We give you settings to control how your information is shared, and we ask you for your information so we can provide you with great products.

You can review our Privacy Policy where you will learn about the data we collect, how we use it, the controls we give you over your information, and the measures we take to keep it safe.

If there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer

I am traveling across time zones for a month and the fitbit charge 3 is completely useless.   It displays the incorrect time (home time instead of current time zone).   Also Charge 3 does not sync.

Too many bugs for the price i paid for it.   Who is writing the code ?   It feels like the customers are the only TESTERS for charge 3.

I am very unhappy about it and will try to return all 4 bits i bought for the family after my month long trip to Europe.  I can use a $10 device and get the same or hopefully better...

Best Answer

Hello @Ftmail, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. Please note that your Charge 3 needs to sync in order for the time to adjust itself to the timezone you're currently in, which is why I would like to suggest you to try the following troubleshooting steps as you mentioned you're having trouble syncing.

• Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it 
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes