Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip counts twice, now won't sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've been using the fitbit Zip for the better part of the last year, and, after having to send 2 back for non-syncing issues/draining battery, finally got one that worked for more than a few weeks without a problem.... Now another issue has arisen. It seems that my steps are being counted twice. I don't manually add anything, just what the pedometer picks up. While it is illegally assisting me in a step-challenge with co-workers, it is making it very hard for me to accurately track.

I started reading some forums, and a lot of people said they had similar issues - they isconnected their iPhone from the fitbit, re-connected, and it went back to normal. however, now my iPhone can't even FIND the fitbit anymore. I don't know what's worse - having a tracker double your steps, or having a tracker that doesn't connect at all.

Is anyone having a similar issue? I'm not sure how long the steps have been inaccurate... I only took notice a few days ago while jogging with my zip in hand.

I do have to say, the fitbit customer service was very helpful with the 1st two zips not working properly, but I'm scared to tell them the 3rd is now acting wonky - they might think i'm stealing them! I wish I could turn the zip in and get a better quality fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi there @nina409, good to see you are part now of our Fitbit Community. 

If the issue still persists with your Zip and your mobile device, I recommend to follow these suggestions of this post: Syncing troubleshoot for iOS devices

Once you have tried those tips do the following:

1. On the Fitbit app for iOS dashboard, tap the Account tab.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue.

About bothering our Customer Support guys, don't worry. They like to help anyways and you are part of our Fitbit family now, so no worries about it, feel free to contact us anytime you want.

Let me know how it goes. I'll be around if you need more help.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes