Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip won't sync since iOS app update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Zip is not syncing since 10/19 update on iOS app. Tried multiple times on 10/20 and 10/21. Installed dongle on PC and sync completed, confirming that it is not an issue with my zip.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @KayL268.

I am sorry to hear your Zip tracker stopped syncing since the iOS app update. Thanks for trying to resolve this and confirming that you were able to sync with your PC, I am glad to assist you. I recommend trying the following:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app.

2. Reboot your phone.

3. On your phone, tap Settings > Bluetooth > the information icon next to the name of your Fitbit device > Forget This Device.

4. Open the Fitbit app and set up the connection again. You should receive a message asking you to allow your Fitbit device to pair with your phone. 

5. Tap Pair to approve the request.

For complete troubleshooting instructions see Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem and after combing through all the official ways to fix this and having none of them work, all I did was the following in the iPhone Fitbit mobile app :

1. Click on your profile pic in the top left-hand corner
  2. Clicked on "+ Set Up a Device" 
  3. I didn't remove my device. I didn't want to lose my unsynched data. It asked me if I wanted to replace my Charge 2 because I already had one connected to my account. I choose the banner at the bottom that said "Replace Your Fitbit Charge 2".
  4. Went through all the introductory steps and then it was synced again. All my data from my Fitbit was uploaded perfectly.

I'm hoping this works with other models.

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue, but mine is not even discoverable in Bluetooth. I’ve quit the app, restarted the phone, and still nothing. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

That was happening to me for a bit too! I tried getting my iPhone's Bluetooth settings to "forget" my Fitbit but even then, it would periodically discover the Fitbit via Bluetooth then drop it. I noticed it would stay connected longer via Bluetooth when I had the Fitibit app opened but it'd get dropped again.

So what I did was look for an iOS update under General Settings and, sure enough, Apple did release a patch I guess to fix bugs in the most recent update (which might have begun this whole mess for me to begin with). You'll want to go to your Settings app>General>Software Updates to look for iOS updates.

If it appears, go through it and let the update reset your phone.

I don't know if you need these steps but it wouldn't hurt to do them (I'm just replicating what I did after the update but I'm not sure if these steps helped):

1. Make sure you're logged out on the FitBit app. You could even do this step before you look for the iOS update. Definitely do this before you start fiddling around with your Bluetooth settings after the iOS update is done (if you had an update).
2. After you make sure you're logged out on the Fitbit app, go back to your Bluetooth settings and see if it recognizes your Fitbit. If it does, connect to it. Even if it's not on the list, try opening the Fitbit app and go back to your Bluetooth settings and see if it's recognizing your Fitbit now.
3. At this point, if you did perform any iOS updates, your Fitbit is showing up and it's connected in your Bluetooth settings, I'd suggest logging back into the FitBit app and performing the instructions I originally posted to re-add your Fitbit.

I don't know if the new iPhone patch helped but I can tell you that after the update and its reset, the Fitbit app was still "looking" for my Fitbit even when it was finally connected/recognized in my iPhone's Bluetooth settings. That prompted me to perform the steps I originally posted where I re-added my Charge 2.

I had updated my iPhone a day or two ago and, all of sudden, my Fitbit stopped synching. I was hoping the patch I updated to today would automatically fix the issue but the Fitbit app was really having a hard time still so the only thing that worked was re-adding my Fitbit.

Best Answer

This worked for me! Thanks! 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @ltrief @JD1515.

@JD1515 Thank you for joining the thread and sharing your experience and the steps you followed to resolve the syncing issue. I appreciate your time and efforts, I am sure this information will be helpful to other users. 

@ltrief I am glad to hear the instructions shared in this thread helped you resolve the syncing issue with your device. Thank you for your efforts and the update.

I hope you continue enjoying the Fitbit experience and working on your goals. In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, make new friends and create new topics.

Keep on visiting the forums!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer