Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant pair up with fitbit 2.29 app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

my fitbit hr can not pair up fitbit app 2.29. 

i have reboot my iphone / deleted and re-installed firbit few times. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

It's nice seeing new faces around @agent_lazy, welcome to the Fitbit family! Smiley Very Happy

If your phone is still unable to setup your Fitbit tracker, I would recommend restarting your tracker and then trying to set it up again. If there's any bug preventing it from being set up, a restart will remove it and make the process easier. 

To restart your Fitbit:

1. Plug your charging cable into the USB port of your computer and insert the other end into the port on the back of your tracker. It will begin charging.
  2. Press and hold the button for 15 seconds until you see the Fitbit icon and a version number
  3. Let go of the button and unplug the device.

Give it a shot and let me know if you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
Does this work for a flex as well?
Best Answer

reboot my fitbit? will i lost un-sync exercise data?

Best Answer

Hi @agent_lazy; welcome to the Community @Realnheels!

@agent_lazy, rebooting a Fitbit tracker does not remove the information stored in it, no need to worry about losing your data! Smiley Wink

@Realnheels, to restart a Flex follow try the following:

1. Plug your charging cable into aUSB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Remove the pebble from the wristband and insert it into the charging cable.User-added image
  3. Insert a paperclip into the small pinhole on the back of the charger.
  4. Press on the pinhole for 3-4 seconds.
  5. Take your tracker out of the charger and insert it back into the wristband.

I hope this information can be useful, keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

I have reset it and will let you know

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you tell me what an error code of 400 means?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @RudyD, thanks for joining us, it's great to see new faces around. Smiley Happy

Are you trying to set up your Fitbit tracker? Usually the error 400 is displayed when trying to set up a new tracker and the app hasn't been updated. Please go the App Store and tap on the Updates tab. If Fitbit is on the list, update the app and try to set up your device once again.

I hope this can be helpful, in case you need anything else, please keep me posted. Smiley Wink

Best Answer

Hi Marco,

I've tried plugging it in and holding the button for 15 seconds. Instead of the V.xxx and logo, I still get the half full bar showing. Any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @clivehawk, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

Which tracker are you currently using? If you're using a Charge HR and you're still seeing a half-filled bar after resetting it, let's try performing a factory reset, then try to set up your tracker as a new device in your account. 

If you're still seeing the half-filled bar after trying these steps, please let me know, I'll be happy to continue helping you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s obviously a bug within the new update. I got the notification that there was an update for the charge HR in the Fitbit app. I started the update process and halfway through after 15minutes I get that error message. Now my charge HR is unusable since it’s locked halfway with the update error. Not happy.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Sinead4982, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

If your Charge HR is displaying a half-filled bar, please try to set up your tracker as a new device so the update can continue:

1. Restart your Charge HR and leave it plugged in and charging. 
  2. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  3. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  4. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  5. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought a used Fitbit Flex. Fitbit rejects pairing to my Samsung S5 via bluetooth. It does pair to the computer, however. I did not get the original charger with it. The charger I do have charges fine, but there is no pinhole for resetting the device on the back of the charger. Is there another way to reset it? I dont see any pinhole of the back of the flex either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @fitRN, I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the conversation. Smiley Happy

Please note that your tracker will not sync or pair directly with the Bluetooth on your phone, but through the Fitbit app. Now, if your tracker was able to pair using a computer, you will only need to open the Fitbit app on your phone and if Bluetooth is on (in your phone) a sync will start automatically. If you're still having trouble syncing with your phone, please feel free to reply with the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far, that will help me determine which steps should we take next.  

Now, if you don't have an official Flex charging cable and the one you have does not have a pinhole in the back, you won't be able to restart your tracker, however you can still purchase one through our Shop. Please note that your Flex must be charging in order to perform the reset. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer

It took some diligence, but I was able to resolve the issue. Your information is correct. Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @fitRN I hope you're doing well, thanks for letting me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad. Smiley Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes