Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set up Notifications on Charge 2.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I wanted to check my "Notifications" settings for my Charge 2 and was met with a pop-up stating that my Bluetooth wasn't set up.  Well of course it is.  In my list of Bluetooth devices on my iPhone 7, the Charge 2 is showing as "Connected."  Also, my Charge 2 syncs regularly throughout the day just fine.

1. Why can't I access these "Notifications" settings?
  2. Why does the app think I'm not connected?
  3. How do I correct this?

Here are the screenshots I'm referencing.  It initially tells me I'm not paired.  Then when I select "Set Up," the icon just spins for several minutes followed by the failure stating that "Notifications" and "All-Day Sync" are disabled.

FitBit_Shot4.pngFitBit_Shot5.pngFitBit_Shot6.png

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @PigletRider, I hope you're doing well, it's always nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. At this moment I would like to ask you to reset Notifications through the Fitbit app to check if this gets corrected.

To reset Notifications:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone, then check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device. 
  2. Restart your phone (once again if you have already)
  3. Open the Fitbit app and tap on Account > Charge 2 > Notifications. 
  4. Enable Notifications and when you receive a pop up asking you to pair your tracker and your phone tap on Set Up.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @PigletRider, I hope you're doing well, it's always nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. At this moment I would like to ask you to reset Notifications through the Fitbit app to check if this gets corrected.

To reset Notifications:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone, then check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device. 
  2. Restart your phone (once again if you have already)
  3. Open the Fitbit app and tap on Account > Charge 2 > Notifications. 
  4. Enable Notifications and when you receive a pop up asking you to pair your tracker and your phone tap on Set Up.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome! 

Best Answer

Thanks.  I had already tried a variation of this and got it working.  I actually had to make sure I went to the notification option before the device re-paired again with my iPhone.  When I hit this window, as you said, I was prompted to pair again via this option and it worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @PigletRider, I hope you're doing well, thanks for letting me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad. Smiley Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes