Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS App won't record rowing distance

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This long-standing bug remains unfixed: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/iOS-App-won-t-record-rowing-distance. I recall this worked a few months ago, so I think it somehow regressed after some other change.

To reproduce the bug record a rowing or rowing-machine activity then attempt to edit the distance after it has been synced to the phone. No error is given, but the new distance is not commited.

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Ozxpat.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing that the iOS App won't record rowing distance. Thank you for providing the additional details and a link. I will be glad to assist you with that. I would like to confirm how did you record a rowing activity? If you manually log an exercise in the Fitbit app, you'll be credited for your efforts by adding stats. However, if you log a non step-based activity such as Rowing, the Fitbit app will not add distance to your overall stats since you weren't traveling a distance like a normal walking. I'm sorry if this causes an inconvenience and we'll continue working on the Fitbit app to improve its performance so you can continue working toward your goals.

For more information about tracking activity with Fitbit device, see How do I track my activity with my Fitbit device?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Perhaps a step by step will help clarify the bug report:

1. On the fitbit charge HR 3, press Exercise, Workout, Start
  2. When done, press Finish and sync to the iOS app
  3. Find the newly synced workout and press Edit Exercise Details
  4. There are three fields available: Starts [datetime], Stops [datetime] and Distance [double] + a unit of km/miles.
  5. The three fields are editable. Start and Stop may be changed, and these changes persist. Changes to Distance, for example from 4km to 16km, may be entered, but are not saved.

Changes to Distance were once saved: some time ago this used to work. But the link I provided is from 2018, so it appears this bug was once resolved, but has now returned.

Best Answer

Has a bug report been submitted? If not, and there is a way for me to do it myself, please let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Ozxpat, thank you for your reply.

I appreciate your efforts and the additional details. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you further. I would like to advise that our team has started releasing new iOS app version 3.26.1. Please make sure to update to that version when available and let me know if you continue experiencing this issue. 

Looking forward to your response. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you have reason to believe that this update fixes this bug that has existed for over a year? If not, I do not understand  why a bug report hasn't been filed. I don't expect this to be fixed in days, or even weeks. But if we don't tell your dev team about it, this fix will never get into the backlog.

Update: I'm shocked and astonished that updating to 3.26.1 - an update that held no promise of fixing this 1 year old bug did not in fact just magically fix it. Because that's not how software works.

Best Answer

Same thing here. While it’s not critical, it remains an annoying error.

Best Answer

Again, the same here. I was able to edit/input the rowed distance at one time but now the edits to the distance no longer accept! This was an interesting bit of information to maintain for reference. Entering the distance also provided the pace value.

See Ozxpat (07-21-2020 11:43) for the method I use to edit my rowing workout.

FYI - using IOS app and a Charge 4

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am still having the same problem in 2023? Rowing distance can be changed but is not saved in iOS. 

Best Answer
0 Votes