Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS app badge notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

iOS app badge notifications do not work, should they?  I do not use notification center, sounds, lock screen notifications, banners or alerts.  I only want to see a badge on the app icon when there is a notification (like when someone sends me a message).

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

It's nice to have you here in the community @petebocken! You should receive a notification when you earn a Badge. In this case you need to enable this option by going to your Notifications page on your Dashboard, find the "New Badge" option and click on the Mobile box.

Let me know if you have any other questions or comments. 

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

Best Answer
Thanks but I am interested in receiving an iOS app badge notification
for messages from Fitbit friends.

pb
Best Answer
0 Votes

I came here looking for an answer to this as well. I get hundreds of notifications showing on my lock screen, but nothing showing on the icon itself to let me know I need to look at something. I'd rather turn off the lock screen notifications and rely on the count on the app icon but I can't do that at the moment.

I guess this problem is either restricted to just a handful of us, or everyone else just isn't bothered by it.

Best Answer

Hello @TheBoardman, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board. 

Currently it's not possible to get a badge notification on the app, I thinks this is a great idea and surely it will be helpful for many people, not just a handful, which is why I would like to encourage you to submit your insight as a suggested idea, where members of the Community can vote and comment on it. This is truly the best way to make your voice heard. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please let me know. Smiley Happy

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

i think there's still confusion on this. this isn't about being notified if you receive a badge in fitbit. it's about the ios feature called badges that displays a counter of the number of unread notifications you have in an app. 

if i have all of my notification settings turned on for the fitbit app, i get sounds and banners (even on the lock screen and in history), but i don't get the badge app icon. if i turn off all notifications except badges (which is the only one i want), i still don't get the badge app icon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes