Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS app is slow to start

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there any way to speed up the fitbit app when it starts up?

Once I start the app it takes 8-15 seconds to populate the blank screen.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @ted46, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Please note that the performance of the Fitbit app or any app on your phone might be affected by the following:

1. WiFi signal is not strong enough. 
  2. There is no much free space on your phone, this will affect the speed of any app. I would like to suggest you to go to your phone Settings > General > iPhone Storage and enable Offload Unused Apps if available to liberate some space from your phone.
  3. Your app is not fully updated, go to the Fitbit app and then to Account > Help, the latest version is the 2.42 (726)

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hello @ted46, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Please note that the performance of the Fitbit app or any app on your phone might be affected by the following:

1. WiFi signal is not strong enough. 
  2. There is no much free space on your phone, this will affect the speed of any app. I would like to suggest you to go to your phone Settings > General > iPhone Storage and enable Offload Unused Apps if available to liberate some space from your phone.
  3. Your app is not fully updated, go to the Fitbit app and then to Account > Help, the latest version is the 2.42 (726)

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

None of the suggestions apply to me. 

Fitbit app on my iPhone is the only app that is slow to open. 

Im not satisfied with the slow opening. 

Best Answer

This is not a solution!

Moderator Edit: Format.

Best Answer

I agree with the other users, this is not a solution. None of these apply, in fact it was all the recent updates that started it. I can’t use an app to track my food if it takes 15 seconds to load everytime I want to open it.  Our family just ordered our fourth fitbit device mainly because the app was so good. Please forward this issue to software developers for a real solution. Thanks. 

Moderator Edit: Format.

Best Answer

Hello @Awake248, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. 

At this moment I would like to suggest you to update the Fitbit app as we have recently released a new version and to update the OS on your phone or tablet if you haven't yet as this will help decrease the waiting time while navigating through the app. 

I hope this can be helpful, if you're still having trouble with the Fitbit app please reply to me with the following:

• iPhone/iPad model you're currently using.
  • OS version your mobile device is running. 
  • App version currently installed (go to Account > Help to get it)

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Model:  iPhone 6 Plus

iOS:  11.1.2

Fitbit App:  2.43.1 (732)

I currently have over 80gb of free space. I have background refresh enabled and have played with all other available settings. It takes 14 seconds to load for the first time with location services enabled, disabling location services it takes 8 seconds to load. None of these issues existed before the Fitbit updates that came out after iOS 11 update. Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Awake248, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have returned with the information requested. At this moment I will forward it to our team along with your report so they can check this further. Once I have more information to share with you about this situation I'll make sure to update the thread accordingly. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, in the meantime if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes