Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS app not letting me log in and NOT actually sending password reset

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For no apparent reason, my fitbit app has stopped letting me log in, even though I am definitely using the correct email and password.

Following some other threads here, I've done the following:

1) made sure the date/time are set to automatic

2) rebooted the phone

3) restarted the fitbit

4) successfully used the dongle to log in with my email/password on my computer and sync the fitbit

5) turned bluetooth off on the phone to see if I could log in before syncing fitbit (nope)

6) from both the web interface on the computer as well as from the app, I have requested a password reset.

NEITHER of those has resulted in an actual email being sent to my account to reset the password, so something is definitely broken on your end, Fitbit.

Also... iirc, the app used to allow me to log in using Facebook.  It no longer does.  Please bring back that feature - it was highly convenient.

Using

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

So here's how things worked out:

I did end up having to call customer service.  Nicely enough, there was not a long wait time.  The customer service rep tried sending me a password reset, and just like with the app and the web interface, the email didn't come through.

That rep had to escalate the service ticket higher up in the chain.  They did successfully send me an email regarding not getting the password reset email.  They told me that they'd figured out that my email account was treating fitbit emails as spam, and requested permission to unflag it as spam.  As soon as I gave that permission, they were able to send me the password reset email, which I did receive this time around, and I got access to the ios app again. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

hello?  Is this forum still active?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue, this is extremely frustrating.  No problem logging into the website but cannot login using the app..

Best Answer
0 Votes

So here's how things worked out:

I did end up having to call customer service.  Nicely enough, there was not a long wait time.  The customer service rep tried sending me a password reset, and just like with the app and the web interface, the email didn't come through.

That rep had to escalate the service ticket higher up in the chain.  They did successfully send me an email regarding not getting the password reset email.  They told me that they'd figured out that my email account was treating fitbit emails as spam, and requested permission to unflag it as spam.  As soon as I gave that permission, they were able to send me the password reset email, which I did receive this time around, and I got access to the ios app again. 

Best Answer