Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS update/ sync issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hi! Ever since I updated my phone to the new iOS, I haven't been able to sync my Fitbit to the app. The device is on and counting my steps as usual, but when I try to sync, the app just says it's looking for it until it eventually gives up, which is weird because they're always right next to each other. Is anyone else having this issue? What's a good solution?
Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14
I'm having the same issue. Have you been able to resolve it yet?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yep! So, turn off your phone and plug your fitbit in the charger, then hold
the button down for like 10 seconds or so until it resets. Then turn both
of them back on. That worked for me, good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I'm having the same issue and unable to email to get help ..... So annoyed
Best Answer
I did a restart on my Fitbit n the pairing option came back up. Press the left button and the bottom right button at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I guess I am too dumb to understand the message -- what "button" are you referring to? Be a little more basic with instructions, please.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Which type of Fitbit do you have?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Never mind, after about a zillion tries, it finally synced. Thanks, though.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh ok. Good luck. I'm still finding changes 😒

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi I have a fitbit charge. I did try the above mentioned post about turning of my phone and putting my Fitbit on charge and that worked 😃 so I'm now back on track.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Glad to hear it!!😁

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Button on phone or the Fitbit hold the button down.  Which button on the phone or the Fitbit.  Since update I can’t see heart rate or syn.  The phone sync but not to IPad.  Steps show in challenges but not on dashboard.  Only thing working right is Fitbit no where else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @cre8esks thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. 

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. Tell me, which device are you currently wearing? This will be helpful for us to check this further. 

Additionally, note that if your device is syncing with your phone but not your iPad, it's because the device has established a Bluetooth link to your phone, necessary to receive Notifications, please turn off completely the Bluetooth on your phone when you want to sync with your iPad. However, if the device is still not syncing correctly, go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device. Then try to sync with the iPad again. 

Now, when it comes to steps and challenges, below are possible reasons for this issue: 

1. Your steps have fully synced to our database but you're not viewing the mobile app dashboard in Live Data Mode. (Live data mode would show the word "connected" under your tracker tile). 
2. You manually logged an activity. Steps from manually logged activities do not count toward challenges; only steps recorded by your tracker or MobileTrack are counted toward challenges. 
3. You used MobileRun to track GPS data with your app. Only steps recorded by a tracker or MobileTrack are counted toward challenges. 
4. All challenge participants are not in the same time zone. 

We also recommend waiting 15 minutes after syncing your Fitbit data to see if your challenge updates.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, give this a try and let us know in case there's anything else we can do for you, happy stepping. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Fitbit is Inspire HR. Not had it long. Will try suggestions. Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @cre8esks I hope you're doing well, thanks for coming back with the information requested. 

At this moment, if your Inspire HR is not syncing correctly, please try the following steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

Now, when it comes to the heart rate tile, are you not able to see it or is the tile showing you 2 dashes? If you're not able to see it, go to the Discover tab > Health & Wellness > Heart Rate and tap on Add to Today. If the tile is showing 2 dashes, that means the device is not syncing correctly so follow the steps above.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, give this a try and let us know the outcome. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes