Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS users accessing closed groups

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Here we are again at the end of 2020 "Custom Closed Groups" are unavailable to access from the dashboard. I am unable to see anything in a few of my closed groups unless my name is mentioned. I have gone through all the necessary procedures: log out, uninstalled, deleted app, turn off cell, soft & hard reboots, deleted recently activity, cache, cookies, reinstalled etc. on all my iOS devices are updated and still there is no difference. The group was also renamed to see if it would change the issues or work through a glitch, no change. There are many other users within the same groups having the same issues! This includes Premium and non-Premium users. Why so many problems recently? What can we do to fix this ongoing issue?  😕

*Also, has there been a recent "Breach" within this app? I see many users complaining they are receiving emails outside this platform but pertaining to Fitbit! 

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @JeanMarie-USA, it's nice to see you again in our Community Forums. 

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and your efforts to resolve the issue you're experiencing. I am sorry that you are going through this situation, I understand how you are feeling. I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hello Liliya,

Happy Holiday's! Hope you're holidays have been good for you. Thank you for responding and escalating this issue to the Support Team and I do have a ticket number from them. I have not heard back from them since the ticket number was issued. I am still experiencing this problem. In addition, I am not able to "view my own postings"! Other users, along with myself and still having the same issues not being able to see postings unless we are mentioned by name to that particular posting(s). We are experiencing the same problem within "private closed groups" and continue to have ongoing issues. Most of us are IOS users a few who are not. Please let me know what I can do to view my own postings, at least. I have done ALL the necessary instructions and protocol that has been posted in the instructions and it has not resolved this issue by any means it actually made it worse. (ie. log out, uninstall app, reboot phone, reinstall app, turn on Bluetooth, synch etc.) Thank you in advance for your assistance and hopefully this issue is resolved soon. I look forward to hearing from you. Have a wonderful, better, safe 😷 Happy New Year! 🥳 🎊 🎆 

Respectfully, 

JM~

Best Answer

I am not able to view any of my closed groups either so I thought about starting a new one but I'm unable to do that either. I don't even know if someone has posted in the group unless they have tagged me to it. This has been going on for over a month and it's a little frustrating that I have lost quick access my support group, family. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I'm experiencing the same issue with some closed groups. I cannot view any new postings unless I'm tagged in the posting. I own a IOS phone so definitely fits the same findings as already noted by other users. What is very strange is in some closed groups that I'm a member I can view recent posts for others I cannot. This has been going on for approx. 1 month now so appreciate if this can be resolved at the soonest. 

Best Regards,

Best Answer

Hi @LiliyaFitbit

Hope you enjoyed your holiday's. Here we are several months after your response and It has been several months since this was submitted to Fitbit Support Team. Myself and many other users are still experiencing the same ongoing issues with our "iOS device's accessing "Private Closed Groups" or able to see my/their "own postings" unless someone comments or cheers the posting(s). I have not heard back from the Support Team with the ticket number you had provided back on December 7, 2020 and escalated to them. I would appreciate it if you could look into this ongoing problem, not only for myself but for other users as well. Thank you in advance for your time and support. 

Respectfully,

JM 

Best Answer