Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad app?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Why has Fitbit not developed an app for iPad yet?
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Best Answer
0 Votes
17 REPLIES 17

@RobertPete  Don't have the answer to your question, but in case you don't have it, you can use the iphone app on the ipad.  It just isn't optimized for the ipad's larger screen.  

you could always check the feature request section to see if that has been suggested and vote for it.

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer

Hello @RobertPete, it's nice to see you around! Adding to what @Kmransom123 mentioned, there's an app available for iPad; however, it's not supported by some models. Please check our compatibility chart to check if your iPad is compatible. Smiley Wink

Hope this answers your inquiry, keep me posted if you need anything else! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
According to Fitbit's compatability chart, my iPad Air is compatible. So where exactly is the Fitbit app on the App Store then??
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @RobertPete. It seems that when you search for Fitbit, the first results the App Store shows are apps from other developers (some of them are even paid apps). Try searching for "Fitbit, Inc." to search for developer name and locate the official Fitbit app.

Give it a try and let me know if that works! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
So I just spent 10 minutes looking for Fitbit, Inc on the App Store, and
guess what, there is no Fitbit app available for iPad. This whole Fitbit
thing is becoming a joke, from the lack of an iOS app, to the pathetic
battery life. I'm starting to think I spent $130 for nothing more than an
overpriced pedometer with zero support.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@RobertPete So there isn't an iPad-specific Fitbit App, but the iPhone Fitbit App is compatible with iPads.

I would recommend searching the iPhone App Store for the Fitbit App, not the default iPad App Store on your iPad.

Apologies for any potential confusion our end.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit by Fitbit, Inc.
https://appsto.re/us/X80KB.i
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the link. Now if I could just get the battery to last more than 2 days.
Best Answer

NOT solved!!!! The iOS app does not use the screen real estate on an iPad and if you are using the iPad in landscape mode with a keyboard case you have to turn the whole thing sideways, which is really lame. 

Best Answer

Hello @RPW1958, it's great to see you around!.

Currently the iPad doesn't have a dedicated app, which is why it's why it doesn't uses the whole iPad screen and can't be used in landscape mode. I really appreciate your feedback, our team is always looking to improve the Fitbit experience. I went ahead and found a suggested idea by @Briley to get a dedicated app for the iPad, please feel free to add your comment and vote for this idea, this is the best way to make your voice heard.

I hope this information had been useful, feel free to reply in case you need anything else! Smiley Wink 

Best Answer
0 Votes

StevieMede...your post was very helpful.  Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unless I am missing something, @Briley as just lamenting the issue (in January 2014 mind - 3 years ago!!!) , much as I was.  No actual solution offered.  I use my iPad more and more relative to my laptop, and with a keyboard case the default working mode is landscape.  The Fitbit app - as excellent as it is in every other respect - is therefore a pain in the **ahem** to use.  Even if you don't create something that uses all the screen real estate in iPad (like the full PC-basded app rendered for iPad perhaps?), surely to goodness you could enable the existing phone-optimized app just to flip to landscape as required?

You can however have the gloomy satisfaction of being in good company - the NextDoor app is another one that I use regularly that has the same issue.  I would have added the United Airlines app to that list too, but they recently fixed most of theirs so it works properly on an iPad.  Score 1 for the big dumb companies vs you and other supposedly nimbler, smarter, "born on the web" companies...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting series of posts. I have been happily using the iPhone app on my iPad with my charge HR for the last 6 months. Unfortunately, Apple have removed this functionality with their latest ios update (10.2.1) My local apple store tell me that the app was never intended to function with the iPad. I am now having to use my new charge HR+ with my android phone which, while functional, is not as convenient as the larger screen on the iPad was easier to use.

Time to pull you finger out Fitbit and develop a true app for iPad

Best Answer
0 Votes

Indicated solution for no iPad app links to iPhone app?

Its obvious there is currently no BitFit iPad app

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Rexgtr, thanks for joining the conversation, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

Even though there's no native Fitbit app for the iPad, you can use the iPhone app to sync your tracker and keep track of your data with an iPad. Please follow the instructions on this post to download and install the Fitbit app on your iPad. Additionally, please feel free to add your vote and comment on @Briley's  suggested idea by  to get a dedicated app for the iPad.

I hope this can be helpful, please feel free to reply in case you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
The basic point is being lost here and despite multiple attempts by many, many people on these discussion pages to communicate it to Fitbit, they just don't seem to get it.  So one more try.

Not having an iPad app that operates in landscape mode (ie with the iPad turned sideways) means that, if you have an iPad case especially, like me, one with a built in keyboard, you have to squint sideways to enter any data or read it!  That is a silly way for Fitbit to treat its users, and undermines all of the evident efforts to improve the look and feel of the app on other platforms.  I mean, why not go the whole hog and just add another 90 degrees and make me stand on my head to use it?

It cannot be that hard to address - even if you don't use all of the screen real estate on an iPad, can you at least enable the darned phone app to turn through 90 degrees on an iPad so I don't have to get a crick in my neck when entering data or reading the screen?
Best Answer

Hello @RPW1958, I hope you're having a great day, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

I understand your concern about not having a dedicated app for iPad, also how the current app can be improved by rotating the existing screen. I would like to thank you for sharing your insight and feedback, please note that our team is always looking for ways to improve the Fitbit experience and it will be very helpful if you vote and comment on @Briley's  suggested idea. This is truly the best way to make your voice heard and get the attention from our development team.

Thank you for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, don't hesitate to reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes