Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 11 / iOS 13.1.2 / Versa - Not syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all,

I’ve recently updated my phone to iPhone 11 and for the first few days my Versa didn’t want to sync with it, with the Fitbit release of troubleshooting tips it seemed to solve it all! 

However fast forward a week and we get a new Versa software update and this seems to have thrown it all out again! 

My Versa won’t sync with the app, YET it says in my Bluetooth devices it’s connected!

I tried removing my Versa from the Fitbit app, that didn’t work as I couldn’t re-add it!

I tried all the suggested menu on/offs like Bluetooth/Versa switch off/removed bluetooth device/not be near any other Bluetooth device/all menu checks of Bluetooth sharing...

I've even factory reset the Versa and that hasn’t worked! 

I’ve managed to “set it up” again with my old iPhone 7 / 12.4.1 software but that’s as far as it’s connected. It won’t even sync to that now phone and app. 

It just says “Failed to Sync Device” 

Since doing the factory reset on the device it has reverted to the previous Versa software and the app is saying I have a software update again.... I’m not sure whether to do it or not! 

Has anyone else had these sync/Bluetooth issues with the new iPhone / iOS / Versa software releases? 

A resolution would be fab....if it exists!! 

Thanks in advance ! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @lisfunk 

I see your having trouble syncing your iPhone 11 with your Versa . It appears as if you have done a lot of different troubleshooting steps to resolve your issue. I gather from the post you want the Fitbit App on your iPhone 11 and not on you older iPhone 7. 
I really think your best course of action would be to first make sure you delete Versa from your old phone, both on the Bluetooth as well as just deleting the Fitbit app as well. since your wanting to upgrade to the iPhone 11 it’s never a good idea to have your Versa on two devices at once because it can cause conflicts.
I would go ahead and do the Versa update it’s prompted you to do first before proceeding.
So now on to the iPhone 11....let’s start with a fresh install of the Fitbit app. (make sure your Bluetooth is turned on) Here’s how:  

Log out of the Fitbit app and force shut the app by swiping up

2. completely uninstall the Fitbit App from your device

3. now completely shut down your device and wait about 1 min then restart your device 

4. once your device has reloaded reinstall the Fitbit app by downloading it from the App Store

5. once it’s installed, log into your device as you normally would with username and password 

6. don’t touch anything in the app...just wait until you get a prompt from your Bluetooth.

7. When prompted by your Bluetooth tap yes 

8. now try to sync 

😃 I hope this gives you the best answer to your question and resolves your issue. Please let me know. I’ll be available 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

Hello @lisfunk 

I see your having trouble syncing your iPhone 11 with your Versa . It appears as if you have done a lot of different troubleshooting steps to resolve your issue. I gather from the post you want the Fitbit App on your iPhone 11 and not on you older iPhone 7. 
I really think your best course of action would be to first make sure you delete Versa from your old phone, both on the Bluetooth as well as just deleting the Fitbit app as well. since your wanting to upgrade to the iPhone 11 it’s never a good idea to have your Versa on two devices at once because it can cause conflicts.
I would go ahead and do the Versa update it’s prompted you to do first before proceeding.
So now on to the iPhone 11....let’s start with a fresh install of the Fitbit app. (make sure your Bluetooth is turned on) Here’s how:  

Log out of the Fitbit app and force shut the app by swiping up

2. completely uninstall the Fitbit App from your device

3. now completely shut down your device and wait about 1 min then restart your device 

4. once your device has reloaded reinstall the Fitbit app by downloading it from the App Store

5. once it’s installed, log into your device as you normally would with username and password 

6. don’t touch anything in the app...just wait until you get a prompt from your Bluetooth.

7. When prompted by your Bluetooth tap yes 

8. now try to sync 

😃 I hope this gives you the best answer to your question and resolves your issue. Please let me know. I’ll be available 

Best Answer

Hello again @lisfunk 

I just wanted to check back in with you to see if your still having issues or has my suggestions helped resolve your issue. If they have indeed resolved your issues would you please tap “best answer” under my post contains the suggestions I gave you. It really helps other individuals who have issues similar to yours find answers. Thanks 😃

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi MegaBite,

Thanks so much for your response! I tried the steps as stated removing it all from both devises (And removing Fitbit app) and then only adding it to my new IPhone 11 but the Bluetooth search set up part it won’t locate my Versa, which is why I went back to my iPhone 7 in my first message to test whether it’s the Bluetooth link with my phone or the Versa!

I then removed it all again did the same steps with iPhone 7 and it’s linked it all correctly including notifications coming through 🙂 

I then reloaded the Fitbit back on the iPhone 11 which automatically showed the Versa, unlinked it from the iPhone 7 and it worked! 

I am up and running again on my iPhone 11 including notifications for all apps and messages! YAY! 

Now the only thing I haven’t tried again is the new firmware update for the Versa which is when it stopped working! 

Thanks so much for your help 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is awesome news @lisfunk ! I’m happy I was able to help. Could you please tap “best answer” under my post with the instructions on how to resolve your issue please? It really helps others coming to this site find answers to issues similar to yours. I’d really appreciate it. Thanks!😃

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue.  I just got an iPhone 11 and it cannot find my Versa Lite.  My Bluetooth has found everything  else.  I tried to set it up in my old iPhone 6 and it worked.  It’s just not working with the iPhone 11

i will try the suggestion below and see what happens.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Meganit. I tried lizfunk’s suggestion.  I was able to get my Versa Lite in my iPhone 11, the notifications did not transfer. My iPhone Bluetooth is still unable to find my Versa Lite so I cant get any notifications. 

any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I am having trouble syncing my Fitbit versa with my new iPhone 11. I tried the steps you provided above by MegaBite and the phone was able to connect with my Fitbit but as soon as the set up was done, it’s still “looking for” the device - not syncing. How do I fix this? 

Update: My Versa is syncing now. After my post above, I turned off my iPhone’s Bluetooth and powered down my Versa. I turned phone Bluetooth on and turned on the Versa and the devices started syncing. Haven’t received text notifications on my Versa yet. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Nyb2005,

I had to remove my Versa from both phones and the Fitbit app. 

Started all over again with my old phone (iPhone 7) which Bluetooth found the Versa and set up correctly with notifications. 

I then installed Fitbit app back onto my iPhone 11 and the Versa was already there and all linked up. So I unlinked my Versa from the iPhone 7, removed the Fitbit app and it’s worked fine through my new phone ever since I posted that query above! 

Can you link it to another phone and then install the Fitbit app to your iPhone 11? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Mitchayn,

I removed everything from all phones re-added back on my old iPhone 7 with all functions working. I then installed the app into my iPhone 11 and my Versa was showing straight away (it wasn’t the first time I tried to install it) so I unlinked it all from my old iPhone and it’s worked through my iPhone 11 since. 

Have you got another device to try setting it up your Versa on to see if the notifications etc come through. Then re-install Fitbit on iPhone 11 and hopefully it would auto appear like I experienced! 🤞🏼

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all,

I've followed this forum closely over the past week after getting a new iPhone 11 Pro. I tried all the suggestions and still couldn't sync to my new phone. Thanks to lisfunk's message I realised I had Fitbit app on both my phone and iPad. As soon as I turned bluetooth off my iPad my Versa synced onto my phone. I've since deleted the app on all devices except my new phone and haven't had any more problems. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. This has just happened to me and I followed all the steps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem.  I upgraded my 6+ to 11.  They made a copy of my old phone onto the 11.  Fixed as follows.  Go to old phone, sync.  then Unlink your fitbit.  go to new phone, unlink fitbit (if it is linked).  now relink existing fitbit to iphone 11.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had already did that part with no success. I had to remove the fitbit app from the phone  and then reinstall. After that, I was able to sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My daughter is having a similar issue. She got her iPhone11 a while back. Everything was working fine until a week ago. Now her Versa will not connect to her iPhone. I have deleted her Fitbit app and removed it from Bluetooth as mentioned above. When I reinstall the app it finds the watch and is connecting until I get to the 4 digit code, it tells me it failed and give me a different 4 digit code? Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

reset your watch and remove app. Then add the app again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this exact same problem and I have been trying off and on for a few weeks to reset mine. I’ve tried everything as well!

my iPhone11 is updated as fast as 13.6.1 though!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am still having no success after trying everything suggested! I am about to through the watch away and try to start again! 

my iPhone 11 will not pair with Bluetooth at all with my watch. Pairs with other Bluetooth headphones just fine though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try resetting the watch, remove the app from your phone and then add the app again. Try pairing again. It should work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi jks717, 

I uninstalled everything from both phones, reinstalled it back onto my old iPhone then installed the app on my iPhone 11 and the Versa was showing.

Then I uninstalled the app from my old iPhone and it was all fine, I’ve never had an issue since! 

Only other option is to completely reset your Versa to factory settings and start the set up onto the iPhone 11 from there! 

Hope it goes ok 🤞

Best Answer
0 Votes