Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

international usage

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'll be traveling to another country, and want to avoid data usage from my fitbit.  If I turn off Cellular Data and Bluetooth Sharing and Location during my trip, will I be able to recapture all the data from my fitbit during the trip, after I return to the USA and turn on these features again?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It depends on how long you are away and what fitbit you have:

"Most trackers store up to 7 days of detailed minute-by-minute data. If you have a Fitbit Alta™, your minute-to-minute data is stored for up to 5 days. If you wait longer than 7 days (5 days for Alta) before syncing, you may only see the most recent week's detailed data.

Summary data (calories, distance, steps, and floors) will be stored for 30 days. If your tracker measures heart rate, summary heart rate data will be stored as well."

This is taken from the following help file which also has other things to think of when travelling with a fitbit:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1374/ 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

It depends on how long you are away and what fitbit you have:

"Most trackers store up to 7 days of detailed minute-by-minute data. If you have a Fitbit Alta™, your minute-to-minute data is stored for up to 5 days. If you wait longer than 7 days (5 days for Alta) before syncing, you may only see the most recent week's detailed data.

Summary data (calories, distance, steps, and floors) will be stored for 30 days. If your tracker measures heart rate, summary heart rate data will be stored as well."

This is taken from the following help file which also has other things to think of when travelling with a fitbit:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1374/ 

Best Answer
0 Votes