Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Recent" list when manually logging exercise

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The only previous thread on this topic was, for unknown reasons, shuttled to being a hardware issue?

When I go to log an activity manually, there is the "Recent" list. That list never seems to update with the activities I actually log on a daily basis. Right now, as for the last year, the list has:

Gardening

Tai Chi

Walk

Sport

Aerobic Workout.

If I go to my recorded activities, the last time "Gardening" was logged was in July of 2020. And yet I have entered "CrossFit" and "Archery" on a nearly daily basis for the last two months. "Sport" and "Aerobic Workout" is what the Charge 3 defaults to when it doesn't know what I've been doing, and I can't be bothered to change it to "housework" or "I was taking a shower and brushing my teeth, you daft thing."

Why do I have to search for my most entered activities in the database every time I go to enter them, rather than having them on my "Recent" list to easily select? Is your "Recent" algorithm actually "most entered"? If so, can we actually get it to be "Recent", rather than wading through the activities of the past?

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

It’s good to see you in the community, @KFit789.

Thanks for the details shared in your post. I understand your concern and appreciate your feedback. Our team is always working on our products and services, and your comments are always welcome. I recommend keeping the Fitbit app updated as updates come with fixes and improvements. To confirm the steps to manually log activities, see How do I manually log exercises in the Fitbit app?

To share additional feedback or if you want the features to be improved, feel free to visit our Feature suggestion board. Here our product development teams consult regularly to ensure we're delivering on what our customers need and want. You can read the FAQ to better understand how that board works.

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you answer the question, though? Is the "Recent" list in the activity log of the iOS App truly a list of "recently logged" items, or is it a list of "most commonly logged"?

If it is designed currently to pull from "most commonly logged", then, sure I'd be happy to head over to the Feature Suggestion Board and suggest that it be changed to an actual "recently logged" list.

If, however, it is actually *supposed* to be pulling from a database of "recently logged" activities, then the problem is that it is not acting that way.

Essentially, I need to know if this is a feature or a bug. If it's a feature, it needs alteration. If it's a bug, it needs to be fixed.

Best Answer

I just contacted Fitbit about this as well and got the same response…go to the Feature Suggestion Board. It’s not so much that I’m suggesting a feature as needing more information on an existing one.  

Best Answer
0 Votes