Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic won't sync to iPhone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

yesterday I notice my ionic was about 5 minutes out of sync with my phone.  It just wont sync at all now.  Tried all the fixes various forums recommend but the problems is constant.  Wont connect and seems to loose time.  Apple watch here I come.  This is ridiculous.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
85 REPLIES 85

Hi there 

I have experienced syncing problems for the past days and I didn't manage to connect .I did all steps in the i struction and it also says it finds my decide but the Bluetooth can just not connect .when I go in Bluetooth settings of my phone it sees the Ionic but it just can't make it to connect .

I am a but clueless and need some advice on what to do .

Kind regards 

Fabienne 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a similar issue, and this sounds like FitBit has a recurring problem with this.  That being said, their support was great.  I would contact them and just do what they say.  We wound up replacing my FitBit which has been fine since.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My ionic is having the same issue. This started yesterday. I was able to get it to sync with a complete reboot but that only lasted a few hours and now its off again. What was the fix? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
There is no fix. Just get rid of it and get some other watch. I got a garmin and im more than happy with it. Not going to buy a fitbit product again.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I say start the reboot again took 3 tries ..

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for jumping in here @Rbailey2@jmasyed, and @giissjc! Sorry to hear you're still having syncing difficulties. If you've reviewed all the tips and recommendations at: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? In order to solve this, please go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and remove the tracker. In the list of Bluetooth devices you'll see the Ionic and next to it, this symbol "!". Hit the symbol and it will take you to the next step, once you're there select the option that says "Forget this device" for iOS and "Unpair" for Android. 

Once you've made sure about that, go back to the Fitbit app, go to the "Account" option in the upper right corner and select "Set up a Device". This should start the setup process for your device. 

Always make sure that your Fitbit app and Ionic are up-to-date.

If you have any questions, let me know. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem my iconic was working and then wouldn’t sync so I have done all of the steps recommended including removing it completely and setting it as new but has been stuck on connecting to tracker

What is the fix to get this thing to work 

Best Answer
0 Votes
There was no fix i tried everything over and over again. I just got rid of it and got a garmin.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I did that and everything worked great for less than half a day. Now I have the same issue. It’s not syncing and the time is way off. I rely on my watch for the correct time and if I can get this fixed. Then I am going to have to get a different smart watch. My pebble which Fitbit bought had some issues but this is way more. I can’t understand why it doesn’t Bluetooth. Please help me find a solution.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same - I have tried every thing mentioned, numerous times (HUGE time waster!!!), and it is just stuck at the "connecting to fitbit". My bluetooth says that it's connected. The Ionic brings up the four number code, I put that in, and the "connecting to fitbit" just continues, without stopping. I have tried it for over 30mins, and still no luck. My iphone is up to date, and so is the Ionic.

I am SO disappointed. It worked SO well for the first couple of weeks - I don't know what happened??
I'd love some extra help please. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Crtthegame Welcome to the Fitbit forums and thanks for your reply @jmasyed. Thanks for trying all of the steps provided in order to sort this out.

I went ahead and created a case with customer support in your behalf. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps.

@BandAjang It's great to see you in the Fitbit forums! Thanks for reporting that you were also experiencing the same. Thanks for trying the steps provided and for sharing those details.

I went ahead and contacted you via PM. Keep en eye on your Community inbox.

@giissjc Thanks for also trying those steps to get back on track. I also contacted you via PM! 

Keep me posted! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

2ed I have and second time it’s not connecting to the app. Fitbit is crap. Want my money back 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Pine12 Hi, welcome to the Fitbit forums. Thanks for sharing the experience you are having with Ionic not connecting to the app.

I went ahead and contacted you via PM. Please keep an eye on your Community inbox for next steps.

Keep me posted! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

NOT SYNCING AGAIN!!!! Not even a month. All apps/iphone etc up to date. Not good enough! This product must be faulty!

What is your solution FitBit?? Very unhappy with product not syncing, and very frustrated. Such a waste of my time.

I am NOT happy to have to keep restarting my device which causes information to be lost - that misses the whole purpose of using the watch to TRACK!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sync.

Failed.

Again.

Like any good roller coaster, there are moments of excitement and moments of despair.  Sometimes it syncs perfectly. Sometimes it's like a whiny child - nothing you do really seems to matter.

I have to admit, all the posts that declare 'Sync Fixed' make it feel like the war is finally over, but alas, they are all lies.

I don't want a watch that requires my IT guy just to get it to sync.

Don't own one yet? Consider your IT skills prior to buying one.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I felt the same way. A few days ago it started that it wouldn't sync
anymore. So I tried everything again. Restarting factory reset and even
connected it then to my boyfriend's iPhone. in this case I think it might
have been my one plus 5T that had some problems. After a while it worked
again.
Best Answer

My fitbit worked really well for a long time.  My husband purchased it for me last Christmas.  I have an Ionic, and I know he spent a lot of money on it.  So, just buying a new one is not an option.  The fitbit will not sync anymore with my IPhone.  I tried the steps mentioned and it still is not working.  I believe you need to do an update to your app because IPhone just did an update last week.  I suspect this latest update to be the real issue with the syncing problem.  Please fix it - so my beloved Christmas present works.  I am in a walking competition and need my tracking device.  Please help!

Sincerely

Best Answer
0 Votes

A few days ago I updated my Fitbit Ionic.

Since then it has been totally useless.

It seemed that the update was required before I could make any changes to the way I use the Iconic, so I downloaded the update and was  positively anticipating the new features I might get.

Something was wrong. The update failed. My Fitbit Ionic wouldn’t sync at all with my up-to-date iPhone (v 12.1.2). I tried again with the download. Nope; not working.

Message is: ‘Connection Unsuccessful: Make sure “Ionic” is turned on and in range.’

The Ionic is on my wrist of the hand I’m using for the setup process - how much closer can one get?

So, I deleted the Ionic from my app and searched for it again. Nope.

I deleted the watch again and reset it. I had to try this twice, adding it to my account and app. Both times setting it up to auto sync, plus setting up the wifi - still failing.

I am at a loss as to what has happened.

My Ionic now looses time; about 20 mins in 8 hours; I’ve lost the clock-face I liked (can’t remember what it was called) and can only find something similar (Simple Corners), but without the same functionality I preferred.

My watch is totally useless and completely unreliable and I may have to bin it. 

I’m gutted about that because I have been a loyal Fitbit Surge user for several years. I bought this watch as a treat for me and have also bought my wife two other Fitbit watch versions in that time. I like Fitbit products, I like the benefits they bring and the usefulness they can make one aware of.

Is there another fix I can try? 

You have all the relevant information above, so please, please, please don’t make me repeat myself as I’m pulling out what little hair I have left.

Thank you.

Bill Scott

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue today after doing the iphone update and the ionic
update last week.

I deleted the FitBit app from my phone, restarted the phone, reinstalled
the app, restarted the ionic, and it synced.

Moderator Edit: Personal Info Removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks Jim,

I’ll await a customer services response I sent separately via email, then look into this.

Let me know if you have any further sync issues - and especially if you experience the time-loss issue, which I find the most worrying.

Cheers

Bill

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes