Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic won't sync to iPhone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

yesterday I notice my ionic was about 5 minutes out of sync with my phone.  It just wont sync at all now.  Tried all the fixes various forums recommend but the problems is constant.  Wont connect and seems to loose time.  Apple watch here I come.  This is ridiculous.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
85 REPLIES 85

My experience is that every time it gets wonky and will not sync you will
lose time because it is not syncing with you phone. Starting from scratch
seems to be best with the app and then resetting watch/phone along the way
as well.

iOS updates seem to be particularly heinous in terms of syncing issues. 😉

Moderator Edit: Personal Info Removed

Best Answer

I can not get my Ionic to All Day Sync with my iPhone 8 Plus.  I have removed, rebooted, and reinstalled severally times.  I am running the current update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure if the ordering of all that matters or not, but my order was remove remove watch from app and blue tooth, remove app, restart blue tooth, add app, restart phone, restart watch, add watch.

I may be off here but with the problem arising post phone and watch software upgrade, getting everything updated and set with no trace of pairing, and then starting over seemed like it helped me. Again, I’m just another frustrated customer and could be way off here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Jimbag8

Thanks, have tried that and Ionic is all reset, so I’ll leave it a day or two to see what happens. 

However, I had to create a new Fitbit account and different email to do this (easier) as it would not accept me through the existing one. Minor issue though. Will sort that out later.

I’ve set up an old Surge too as a backup.

We’ll see how it goes and whether I hear anything back from Fitbit.

Thanks again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Already time loss on the Iconic... what’s going on Fitbit? All set up to sync but nope, not happening. What a total waste of my time and my money. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wound up sending the one I had before back. Very frustrating ordeal, but
I was impressed with ftibit customer service and them sticking by their
product. I would contact support directly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the first chance I've had to really try syncing my phone again, which is annoying in itself (I don't have time for this!!!) & it's doing exactly the same thing it was doing the last time before I had to reboot it. Just gets stuck trying to sync after it has found device & the wheels spins constantly on "connecting to fitbit" after I put in the 4 number code to connect devices.

I am NOT happy to have to reboot it over & over again for it to sync.

What is the solution Fitbit? Will you exchange this for me to see if it my watch, or do I need a refund & go with a different company? I would be disappointed with a refund, as when this watch works (for about 2-3 weeks at a time only!!), I actually really love it.

Best Answer

Hello everyone! Thanks for your participation on this thread and for sharing your experiences and solutions here. Thanks to the users that have contacted customer support already. I'm glad you received some great help with this.

For the ones experiencing syncing issues; please check that the device you are using is a compatible device.

If it is, please try these syncing troubleshooting steps in order to sort this out. Try the steps in the order given for best results.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The steps suggested helped me to sync my watch with Android phone. But, the sync and Bluetooth issues persisting every now and then and it is super irritating.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for taking the time to share the experience you are having with Ionic so far. I'm glad the steps suggested helped you out with this.  

Are you using a compatible mobile device? You could also check if there are any other Bluetooth devices nearby that may be interfering with the signal of your phone. Try turning off Bluetooth from those devices and check if the issue persists. 

Keep me posted! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the exact problem and have tried all the suggested solutions. Mine also says Wi-fi off even after it says I've successfully connected to my Wi-Fi on the App. I have tried every variation of shutting down both devices, logging out, unsyncing everything else on my phone, iPhone and app are up to date.

It is running the battery down on both my watch and phone because it has been attempting to sync constantly but gets about halfway before stopping and immediately starting again.

Best Answer

Why is this thread showing as "Solved"....?

The Ionic does not sync. None of the fixes work. End of.

Do not buy this watch - it is a complete waste of money.

Best Answer

Hello! 

2 weeks ago, my fitbit ionic can't connect with bluetooth or wi-fi network. 

I reset it to factory default...and now ...i can't use it anymore. I don't understand what hapenned but it is so disappointing...

The issue is " the device can't be reached ". 

I hold the watch near the wi-fi ...near the phone ...i restarted the wi-fi, the phone ...and no sign. 

I am so disappointed .. As long my warranty is gone ...i think i can't do nothing ... 

Thanks a lot, Fitbit ! 

Have a good day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

In the course of resetting my Fitbit Ionic it keeps asking for a four digit code on my Ionic. No four digit code ever appears. What’s up with that?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had the same issues as well.  My Ionic won't sync and I've tried everything here to get it to work.  I've even gone so far as to reset the watch to factory settings.  Now my watch is reset and still won't connect to my phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey!
I did a reset to factory settings.
You have to reset the account from the phone aswell.
Make total reset from watch and iphone.
Try to ON and OFF the bluetooth from the iphone.
In the end, it’ll work.
Goodluck!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My $300 Fitbit Ionic stopped working. It was a Christmas present from my
husband. I had to purchase something new. I am disappointed.

--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

My iconic stop syncing and now the app says no device located, the Tim on my iconic is approx hour behind

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all above. spent almost 8 hours over two days trying to get this Iconic to synch my data. I am doing all the walking but the app is not keeping records. I am about to throw it in the toilet. I can't find a human to answer me on this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Call Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes