Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

ionic_product.pngFitbit, in conjunction with the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), announced a voluntary recall of Fitbit Ionic smartwatches, which the company introduced in 2017 and stopped producing in 2020. The battery in the Ionic smartwatch can overheat, posing a burn hazard.

The health and safety of Fitbit users is our highest priority. We are taking this action out of an abundance of caution for our users. We will offer a refund to Fitbit Ionic customers.

This voluntary recall is specific to Fitbit Ionic devices. It does not impact any other Fitbit smartwatches or trackers.

If you have an impacted Fitbit Ionic device, please stop using it and visit our webpage where you’ll find:

• Answers to common questions
  • Information on how to receive a refund 
  • Access to a special discount on select Fitbit devices, bands, and services, if available in your region, for a limited time.
Best Answer
6,642 REPLIES 6,642

How long does it take for the email with discount code to come through?

I completed the registration and disabled it last night but still had no email...I've checked spam too.

I'm in the UK and rang the UK support number who couldn't really give me an answer as to where my email with discount code is 

Best Answer

Did they give you an estimate on how long shipping will take?

It doesn't seem fair that we can't use the device we have been using for 4 years an additional week while we wait for a replacement.

Best Answer

Same here, didn't receive an e-mail either. Not in spam either. I'm from The Netherlands.

Best Answer

They have the Sense,Versa 3 and Charge 5 as the only devices you can use it for. 

Best Answer

Good to hear that. I had a Ionic that crapped the bed and then got another one to replace ot and then bought an additional one for backup as well. 

I added them both back to my two accounts I had and both registrations went through without an issue. Still not certain what I am going to get. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everybody,

Thanks for your question about the Ionic recall.

We’re offering the discount off a range of products that offer similar features to Ionic, along with our latest improvements and new features. To learn more about the Ionic recall and how to get your refund, visit our webpage at help.fitbit.com/ionic, where you’ll find:

* Answers to common questions

* Information on how to receive a refund 

* Access to a special discount on select Fitbit devices, bands, and services, if available in your region, for a limited time.

Thank you for your continued support and being a member of the Fitbit family.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

After waiting 24 hours, not being able to verify my account and not hearing from support again, I re-registered on the site. Again, I get the "reference code not found" message. I'm making screenshots of everything so I know the information is correct. Would be nice to find out what's going on so that I can stop jumping through hoops trying to get this done.

Best Answer

I deleted my Fitbit account about 1 month ago after my Fitbit Ionic didn’t work anymore, because the screen malfunctioned. Now I want to apply for the refund of the Fitbit Ionic, but can’t connect anymore because I can’t see the verification code (because the screen doesn’t work). It is a catch 22. I can’t create my account for the refund of a product that is called back because of technical problems. How can I solve this? How can someone of FitBit help me with this? I have proof of ordering. If needed. 

Best Answer

I have the same problem as you, since yesterday evening….

Fitbit told me the systems are (too?) busy. Try it a few hours later.

Still the same, reference code not found.

I hope they will fix it soon!

Best Answer

Edit: Double posted

Best Answer
0 Votes

It looks like they already blocked the app store so you can no longer download watch faces or apps anyway.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not getting the Registration page. I plug in the country and State/Territory and ....nothing. 

Best Answer

Hi, @Markdet! You can find all of the information here.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My account verification has finally gone through. Unfortunately, it looks like those in Germany only get a refund, no discount code or other goodies others get. Oh, well.

Best Answer

Since there is a recall on my ionic, which other Fitbit is my best option?

Best Answer

Same thing here (also in Germany). The Mail with the registration/account conformation contains a link "click here for discount" (in German).
The link leads to an empty webpage.... https://qa-fitbithelp.cs214.force.com/fitbitmyhelp/s/DeviceDiscount?language=en_US

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit community.

The Sense is the top of the line Fitbit obviously but it does have its issues both hardware and software. The charge. 5 is a good option that basically has all the same health tracking but with a different screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic is still syncing with the app after completing the recall registration yesterday.  I'm reading that others have lost the ability to sync their Ionic.  I'm not sure why mine is still working, but I'm glad it is.

Best Answer

Mine too, I even deleted the Ionic from my Pixel 6 Bluetooth and it still is receiving notifications and synched this morning with sleep data.  I read somewhere it could take up to 7 days for Fitbit to delete it from your account so we still are likely to lose synch ability in a few more days.  Unlike others when I registered my Ionic for the refund I wasn't asked for any details about the device and wasn't required to agree to having it deleted from my account.  I have three Ionics and was able to register each of them for the return & refund process and received the discount offer too.  

Best Answer

Has anyone been able to get a refund for their ionic that wont link to their app? Mine wont charge, so i cant link it to complete the refund process and live chat keeps not working.

Best Answer