Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will the Spo2 sensor will be available?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has there been any update when the spo2 sensor will be available for use. It was the only reason I chose this watch over the others I was looking to buy.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
450 REPLIES 450

Really disappointed with Fitbit. 1 year still spo2 has no used. This will be my last product from fitbit. Will go with other brand.

Best Answer

That's ok @Fizzy15 apple put the SPO2 sensir in their watch, they did not tell anyone, and they also have not implemented it. Looks like Fitbit is in good company. 

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue wrote:

That's ok @Fizzy15 apple put the SPO2 sensir in their watch, they did not tell anyone, and they also have not implemented it. Looks like Fitbit is in good company. 

@Rich_Laue Fake news. Apple did not put an SpO2 sensor into the Apple Watch.

An SpO2 sensor requires both red light and infrared light. The Apple Watch does not have red light, it only has green and infrared light.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer

@Rich_Laue wrote:

Oh yes the latest Apple watch does, some discovered the Red LED and that is how Apple got ratted out 

https://www.cultofmac.com/320322/apple-watch-sensors-are-capable-of-measuring-blood-oxygen/

And ifixit has confirmed.

https://www.cultofmac.com/320293/ifixit-apple-watch-teardown/

@Rich_Laue No, you've fallen for fake news. Just like CultOfMac you are just repeating fake news without actually reading the "source that confirmed it."

I'm sorry, nowhere on iFixit is a red led confirmed. Nowhere. In today's photoplethysmography (PPG) technology, in use by Fitbit since the Surge, you cannot do SpO2 without a red led. 

And iFixit didn't bother reposting the speculative (and wrong) "looks and acts like a pulse oximeter" Series 0 statement from the Series 1, Series 2, and Series 3 teardowns.

Apple was not "ratted out" by iFixit. One definition of fake news is speculation that is wrong, and then passed along as "news."

Its like iFixit doing a Fitbit teardown and saying "Fitbit's heart rate monitor is actually a plethysmograph—it looks and acts like a pulse oximeter, but Fitbit isn’t claiming the Surge can measure your blood oxygen level. Why? Beats us."

Search the Internet for "Apple Watch red led" and show me a credible source. And not a "news" article breathlessly "confirming" based on iFixit's incorrect "looks and acts like a pulse oximeter" speculation from the Series 0 (original) Apple Watch teardown.

Best Answer

It's really odd.

Fitbit keeps releasing products with the Sp02 sensor (the Charge 3, for example), and yet it is not used on any device.

Best Answer

weve waited near on a year on the ionic.............still waiting

@bh18 wrote:

I frequently travel to altitudes above 10,000 feet.  I have one of those finger O2 Sensors.  It would be great to know what my O2 level is.  That does not take FDA approval.  Just give me a number or a graph like heart rate.  If as time you can detect other issues and give me warnings that is great but give me the numbers now.

Ionic or Charge 3 - let us know which one and when to buy.  I am currently on a Charge 2 but would upgrade in a heartbeat if you turn the feature on.

Thanks.

sadly a heartbeat in the fitbit timescale can be measured in years, got an ionic and its still not active after almost 11 months.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

The Garmin Fenix 5X+ has a working SO2 sensor for your liking - but the price is ridiculous.

Best Answer

Yes @maplewoodz I agree that it would be nice to know, but either the moderators do not know, or have been told not to release a date. Either way the decision comes from higher up.

Not anouncing a time frame ot seems to be the norm with every release,

Best Answer

Actually,  spo2 sensor is not even listed in Ionic specs on fitbit website anymore 😞 At least in my region.

I don't seem to be able to attach a screenshot of the specs, unfortunately. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! Thanks for your participation on this thread and for reaching out about your questions regarding the SpO2 sensor in your watch. I merged two threads that were about this same topic to keep the Community organized.

Fitbit continues to make advancements in its features and I'm sure this one will be awesome. The testings on the tracking of breathing disruptions continues, which, as the press release informed; can be indicators of health issues such as allergies, asthma or sleep apnea. This sounds great, I guess this future feature needs to be tested very well in order to get released. Fitbit is still exploring how this would appear in the consumer experience.

Rest assured that once I have any updates on this I will let you know. 

Keep me posted!

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Yesterday, Garmin announced the Vivosmart 4 with their Pulse Ox Sensor. Take a look. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn’t buy a Garmin tho . I stupidly bought a 400 Fitbit that doesn’t do what it states it will

Moderator Edit: Word Choice

Best Answer

Now if Garmin could only get their much hated user interface correct

But here is a comparison. https://goo.gl/Eakc2j

Best Answer

Much hated user interface? I’ll take Garmin’s UI over Fitbit’s dumbed down, can’t get access to what I need UI. 

Best Answer

The below is scheduled to be tested in beta form starting in November.. .

"Fitbit users who are accepted into the beta will receive a nightly score that provides a more complete picture of their overall sleep and what factors affect it based on key metrics tracked by any Fitbit device with advanced 24/7 PurePulse heart rate tracking. For devices with an SpO2 sensor, including Fitbit Charge 3™, Fitbit Versa™ and Fitbit Ionic™, we’ll also test for breathing disturbances."

Best Answer

Oh wow. Anyone's seen where one can apply for the beta program?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try beta.fitbit.com

Best Answer

Imagine that, I had no idea! Thanks 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hope, Garmin will get a trade in program, to exchange the ionic with a Fenix. I'm tired of fitbit and their lies.

Best Answer