Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will the Spo2 sensor will be available?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has there been any update when the spo2 sensor will be available for use. It was the only reason I chose this watch over the others I was looking to buy.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
450 REPLIES 450

The sensor for SPO2 works just do not see the information. When I wake up at night instead of green light, I see orange red or just red

България

Screenshot_20190315-064747.jpg

Moderator edit: merged reply

България
Best Answer
0 Votes

thx for your polite answer

You made the marketing statement, customers are the ones who do not receive what they paid for.

Waiting for 1 year now on SP02. Can I get my money back?

Moderator edit: word choice 

Best Answer

@Pescho33 just because a light illuminates does not indicate the sensor "works". It simply indicates Fitbit can cause the Ionic to emit light from the sensor. If they are doing nothing with the returned information, that equates to "not working" in my opinion.

It's been well over a year that the sensor was indicated it would provide insight, and it is not. A blinking light does not equate to valid, actionable data being collected/presented.

Best Answer

Once it is triggered when I sleep it should therefore work after I wake up it continues to work about 10 minutes and then starts to light the green lamp. Most likely the information is only available for Fitbit but not for users. Otherwise I see no reason to work 

България
Best Answer
0 Votes

As a physician with interest in biomedical engineering,  a pulse oximiter  is not a complex device. The delays and absence of transparency despite the many cordial request, lead to concerns  of  technical competence, Corporate integrity or both. BTW, referral to a dysfunctional update link does not count! 

I would not endorse any of Fitbit’s products for mass adoption in health plans until clarity and resolution of these current  glaring concerns. As they say in the behavioral sciences “yesterday is the best predictor of tomorrow”. Keep an “eye” on this evolving lack of transparency! 

Somebody please throw the “naked emperor” a jacket ! 

Best Answer

So I did some checking and found something that I thought was interesting. If you go to Fitbit website and check out the ionic it to longer makes any specific mention of the SP02 sensor anywhere. However if you check out the charge 3 it lists the sensor in the tech specs. Did they remove it from ionic because it's been years without it being implemented but still pulling the same fast one on consumers looking for new trackers? 

Seems dishonest to me and they should not mention any sensor for a product that is not being used or at least doesn't have a firm date of implemention. 

Best Answer

If what you're saying is true, then it's a big issue. A perfect and clean-cut scam.

Best Answer

Hmm. What does the internet archive say about this 😉

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

@PrimeTinus wrote:
Hmm. What does the internet archive say about this 😉

Thanks for your comment! I found this https://investor.fitbit.com/press/press-releases/press-release-details/2017/Fitbit-Launches-Ionic-th...

Press release for investors also mentions the sensor and feature still not being used.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

@Usmc8152 I noticed that the only "future" thing is tracking sleep apnea however it doesn't mention the SpO2 sensor doesn't track the basic thing it should - oxygen saturation. On the contrary, it says

"The introduction of a relative SpO2 sensor for estimating blood oxygen levels opens the potential for tracking important new indicators about your health, such as sleep apnea."

It suggests that more sophisticated usage of captured data may be implemented in the future but nothing in that release suggests that the SpO2 sensor doesn't work at all and doesn't even track blood oxygen levels ( which is the very first thing I would expect it to do same as my pulse oximeter does ). I think users would be quite happy waiting for other use cases of SpO2 sensor if they received that basic functionality out of the box. It's like delivering HR monitor to monitor heart rate and because it opens a potential to detect AFIB the HR monitor would be inactive until further notice ( not sure if WHR can help with detecting AFIB but it's just an example that sounds same ridiculous as a real case of SpO2 sensor ).

Best Answer
Wait a minute... Why is citing sources grounds for having a post removed?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I find it quite disturbing  that a company of Fitbit’s stature would embark on a marketing campaign suggesting a new and highly desirable feature, but never initiate.  Now the mediocre refrain and retreat  FDA ,TBD., NWA ( never will happen )! 

To  date there has been no official feedback, overall there seems to be complete disregard for the early adopters,  who purchased a device lacking the promised functionality.

Fitbit needs to stand ”front and center” and provide candid answers. I don’t recall the marketing campaign suggesting paying for a premium device, without the marketed function! 

In the absence of verifiable information and sources, I continue to be disappointed with the misrepresentation of the of this product. The TBD provides a lame excuse to shield refunds to those who’s expectations have not been met.

Frankly, we’ve been. “Ghosted” by Mr Park, and his marketing team.

Time to call 1-800- ghost busters! 

Best Answer

I have screenshot of customer service telling me the Sp02 works currently on the charge 3 after they read a blog entry on the Fitbit blog. So if customer service is also mislead by their own marketing then that tells you the normal consumer would obviously be mislead as well.

Best Answer

SpO2 Works simply users do not see the information. When you wake up look at the sensor to see that it glows red 

България
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Pescho33 wrote:

The red light only glows when you are sleeping since it is the functionality of that feature. This to detects sleep issues. However, you can't see the sleep info yet since we are still exploring how this would appear in the consumer experience. 

If you should have questions or doubts, let us know. 

My ionic only glows green even when I first wake up. Also something that glows that doesn't give you any information is not something I would consider working. If you do work for the company then please have them stop marketing something that isn't imminently going to be released.

Best Answer

I've said this previously when you indicated the "red light lights so it works" @Pescho33 - collecting all of the sensor data the watch is capable of collecting is of no use whatsoever if it is not provided to the user to take action. As it stands now, the feature is unusable and provides no benefit to the end user. It is not tracking any "rescue issues" (and if it was it's certainly not providing any insight to help "rescue" a user).

Please stop repeating the comment that "the red light lights, hence the feature works" and Fitbit has not misled purchasers of the Ionic (and likely the Charge 3). Those of us that have been repeatedly told for more than a year the feature was coming are past accepting anything but seeing the data to take action on it. (And I'm in the Sleep Score beta and it's not displayed there either)

Best Answer
whatever your explanation, its very obvious and you cannot hide it that
fitbit misled the purchaser!
Best Answer
fda related authorization does not matter. if you cannot provide a feature,
simply do not put these on commercials and previews.
Best Answer

The source can be found here, by the way:

wareable.com/fitbit/james-park-fitbit-apple-watch-7053

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nadro 

I can not post the source, even in modified form my written post is detected as spam and deleted.

See above your old your post, my post has disappeared

I give up, the sensor topic seems to be too sensitive for fitbit.

Too bad that fitbit rather keep silent than inform people.

Best Answer
0 Votes