Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 stopped tracking my heart rate and sleep data

ANSWERED

Inspire 2 not tracking heart beat or sleep duration

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Py77 a feature of the Inspire 2 is that it can be worn on your wrist or on a clip. When it is set for the clip, the heart rate detection is turned off and you also don't get sleep metrics. To check this setting, press and hold both side buttons on the Inspire 2, you'll get a list of settings. Swipe up until you get to the last one. It should say "On Wrist", if you want see your heart rate. If it says "On Clip", tap on that and change it to "On Wrist".

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi there, @Py77. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear that your Inspire 2 has stopped tracking your heart rate and sleep data. I will do my best to help you with this. 

As a first approach, I'd recommend trying the following steps to make sure your heart rate is working:

• Switch the Heart Rate settings from On to Off and manually sync your watch. To switch the heart rate settings on your Fitbit device, from the main screen of your Inspire 2, swipe left until you see "Settings", next swipe up until you see "Heart Rate" and switch it to Off.
  • Once it's done, manually sync your Inspire 2. To do so, from the Today tab, tap Devices > device image. Tap Sync Now
  • Next, switch it from Off to On and manually sync your Fitbit device once again. 
  • Once it's done, restart your watch once again. 
  • Next, confirm that your tracker is snug on your wrist (the lights shouldn't be visible) We also recommend when you're not exercising, wear the tracker just above the wrist bone.

Also, for more detailed information, see: What factors can affect my heart-rate reading on my Fitbit device?. Keep in mind that if your heart rate is OFF, you won't get sleep stages as heart rate readings are key for your sleep details. 

In addition to that, I suggest taking a look at this help article Why don't I see sleep stages today?

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Py77 a feature of the Inspire 2 is that it can be worn on your wrist or on a clip. When it is set for the clip, the heart rate detection is turned off and you also don't get sleep metrics. To check this setting, press and hold both side buttons on the Inspire 2, you'll get a list of settings. Swipe up until you get to the last one. It should say "On Wrist", if you want see your heart rate. If it says "On Clip", tap on that and change it to "On Wrist".

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

Best Answer
Thank you so much!! I switch it to wrist. I never knew there was two
different settings. Have a great day!!
Best Answer

You started answering this about an inspire 2, and then, when you get into the steps, you keep talking about it charger 5.  I’ve been using my inspire 2 for years and it’s been a great device. But it has stopped giving me sleep scores even though it has Heartbeat information. The moderators here keep giving rote answers and not paying attention to the fact that something has changed and inspire 2s are not working anymore! 

Best Answer

Same. I thought my inspire quite working. Bought a HR and it won’t work either. It shows I ran. Had the graphics of my heart rate going up. Doesn’t show anything in zone minutes or anywhere else. 

Best Answer