Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 suddenly started flashing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just after recent update back in last fall, I had to recharge my Inspire 2 every two days until I manually turn off almost most of the functions. Then all of a sudden tonight, I noticed it was stayed on for 5-6 seconds, dim off and in again. I searched the forums and tried setting the device as replacement, it didn’t work. At 7 pm, I still have 82% battery, and when I checked again at 9:30 pm or so, my Inspire 2 was totally dead. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Stant416. Welcome to the community forums. 

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me regarding Inspire 2. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue before reaching out. 

To better assist you, please make sure you've restarted your Fitbit device as suggested here How do I restart my Fitbit device?. If the restart doesn't work try to change your clock face. If this fixes the issue, you can change your clock face back to the original clock face.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well. I did able to restart the Fitbit and it worked. But just this morning, it acted up again. I tried to restart it several times without success. After struggling with it for an hour, I gave up. Just checked on it, it was fine now. I have no idea what is going on. As for switching clock face, it seems like there isn’t much option for Inspire 2 to begin with. 
I guess if it acts up again, I probably will just trash it and have a different brand. The recent update was a totally disaster. I never had a single incident until update.

Best Answer
0 Votes