Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Heartrate Spike?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, all.

While looking into this issue, I noticed this was an issue with some other Fitbit products, but unsure of if others with the Inspire 2 have had a similar issue in the past or recently.

On a typical day, my heart rate throughout the day typically does not exceed 125, and on days when I am working out, it usually does not exceed 170 at the most.

This is the first time I have noticed such a dramatic spike of heart rate with my Inspire 2, and I am a bit confused (and to be honest, a bit worried, as I understand this could be indicative of underlying health concerns if it continues.)

The times and heart rate readings were as followed:

3:49AM - 89bpm
3:51AM - 173bpm
3:54AM - 199bpm
3:56AM - 157bpm
3:59AM - 105bpm

Yesterday was my first time wearing my device in nearly a month, and the night before last, my heart rate readings were fairly standard for my personal health. Last night, however, I managed 10 zone minutes seemingly out of nowhere. I believe I was still awake, but was resting in bed, not taking part in a late-night marathon.

To reiterate, this is the first time this kind of dramatic spike has happened and I have had this device for some time now. Not sure if it's simply time to replace it, or what.

If anyone can confirm that this is a glitch, or otherwise, I would greatly appreciate whatever knowledge there is on this issue.

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

I noticed that too. My doctor said we get an adrenaline spike around 4 am to start the wakeup process and wasn't concerned.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the forums @Krysztof @Wynster

Thank you for taking the time to share all the details regarding this inconvenience with heart rate. 

Before considering other options, I recommend that you try restarting the device using the steps listed in this article.

In addition, please follow the instructions in this article to improve the accuracy of heart rate information and check the information mentioned here about other factors that could affect your heart rate reading, this has been useful to other users who have experienced something similar. 

Best Answer
0 Votes