Able to customize order of apps/stats on Charge 5

now its set up so that when i scroll right I get notifications and when i scroll left I get EDA scan, there should be the possibility to change the order in which they show up.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

181 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @getifez, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to customize the order of the apps on Charge 5 with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

DominoUK
Recovery Runner

Absolutely need this, especially as the Notifications app doesn't seem to be removable. I don't need notifications on my Charge 5, yet it's the first thing in the menu every single time I open it. It's so frustrating I might actually return it at this rate!

Ethan.Digdug
First Steps

In tandem with this, the ability to disable some of the pre installed ones, like the stopwatch. I plan on just using the stopwatch on my phone, but it won't let me disable it so I always have to scroll past it to get to the Alarm

With prior Fitbit trackers, I had the ability to modify the order of different stats & readouts, to my personal preference.

I bought the new Charge 5, but the display options out of the box are left wanting, again. It's confounding to think that Fitbit would not include this feature as the clock selection is quite limited/zany to begin with.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @DetFrankBullitt, thanks for taking the time to explain why you'd like to customize the order of the apps and stats on your Charge 5 with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. We appreciate your feedback, please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thanks @LizzyFitbit for combining my suggestion into the main thread, as I see it already has 25 votes. 

Lost in the thread merge, was my observation that this feature is always highly requested on the Charge 3, Charge 4, and Inspire devices (at least 1,230 user votes for the feature on Inspire 2), yet it was ignored (or at least not accepted). Is there any reason for users to expect Fitbit to listen to customers this time, if ignored previously? 

Stephanie.C.
First Steps

This absolutely needs to be a feature and the fact that it is not is really irritating when you're coming from a device that does not have a lot of these features in it.

I don't want to have to scroll through 6 things to see what I want.

I want to be able to reorder and delete options I am not using or would rather use in the app.

This needs to be updated, quickly.

GSM65
Jogger

Completely agree. I don't want notifications or EDA (which just seems like bloatware to me). It would be great to be able to access the timer in the order in which I use it rather than scrolling through screen after screen to get to it.

mikey_pdx
Tempo Runner

This needs more votes. I have to imagine more people would want to have Exercise as the first app to swipe to (or last, making it first the other direction 😄 )

amichalo
First Steps

For the love of god...please...this...

zimbi
First Steps

Oh yes, I just bought the charge 5 yesterday and this was the first thing I noticed. If customising is not possible straight away, at least move notifications further down the line. Thank you!

LZeeW
Ultramarathon Racer

Please, please, please let users customize the Charge 5 screen.  Notifications should not be one swipe to the left.  Exercise should.

drumwagon
First Steps

I'm with the rest of these folks. I would LOVE to, from the home screen, swipe once left for exercise and once right for countdown timer. Uninstalling ECG and EDA would probably make the latter happen, but I don't want to uninstall those apps, either.

kasiox
Jogger

I hope this is happening, I need easy access to Exercise and nothing else really. Ability to remove Notifications, Timers and other crap would be a nice bonus.

FatTim
Recovery Runner

Got a Charge 5, previously an owner of a Charge 2. Very disappointed I can't customize the order and what's on the list of apps on the watch like I used to. Now have to scroll through things I'm not interested in to get live stats

Looking forward to it in a future update!

Also, aren't you supposed to be able to swipe sideways to see more detail? That's minor though.

-----------

On previous Charges devices you could edit what apps appeared on the display by scrolling up and down, and the order in which they appeared. Very helpful for customizing to your most used stuff.

4Monsters
Jogger

Definitely want to be able to rearrange screens. Also since this is a fitness tracker, why is exercise screen so far down the list (5 swipes from the main screen as default)?

Mcasaus
Stepping Up

The ability to customize the order of apps on the Fitbit display is an expected basic functionality for many users as we all have different priorities. I hope the UX team is doing research. If they did it, I bet this issue came up. The question is why it was not included in the first release of Charge 5. If the team is just hearing this for the first time now, they are not doing the research right or not doing any user research at all. If they are waiting for the community to react, that's a very lazy approach to user research. I just got my Charge 5 and this is the first thing I noticed and find it very frustrating. I could care less about notifications. I want Exercises to be the first thing I see after the main screen as it was with the Charge 4.

DominoUK
Recovery Runner

@4MonstersHave you tried going right (swiping the screen left) from the main screen instead? It should only be two swipes to get to Exercise that way (going past (the useless) Notifications).

FBGerbil
Recovery Runner

Taking less taps & swipes would definitely be a great benefit. Please let us customise the app order. Both horizontal & vertical layouts please. Ie ability to change the order of both menu types. 

4Monsters
Jogger

@DominoUK Thanks for that info ... I don't know why I did not think about to swipe from a different direction! 2 swipes are much better.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @getifez, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to customize the order of your apps and stats on your Charge 5 with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

arinkit
First Steps

This is frustrating for me too. I use timer a lot and had to uninstall ECG and EDA so I can get to timer faster. I do not use Notification but there is no way to uninstall or move it. I hope at some point Charge 5 allows us to reorder apps.

Singlewhip
First Steps

Me too! I really don't want to spend time fiddling around with my Fitbit while others have taken off without me! I'd add that whoever picked the order that appears has sand for brains. Make sure the LEAST used things are the first up! This has been a big disappointment in my move from a Charge 2 to a Charge 5.

Moloco
Stepping Up

Please allow us to rearrange the apps. I had previously the charge 2 and 3 and could easily reach my workout with 1 swipe and 1 tap. Now the notifications apps is in the middle and is really anoying. I would disable it completely since i dont use it, but it is also not allowed. Please at least allow us to curstomize the order.

Newby_Dood
First Steps

It's silly the ability to add, delete, and rearrange apps is not included with every device straight out of the box. That should be a standard function without a second thought.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.