Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep data with new layout

I suppose there was an update. The app presents sleep data differently.  Have others noticed this?

I miss seeing how long episodes of awake, light, REM and deep sleep are

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
829 REPLIES 829

@IanBell your screenshot is perfect example what is wrong with the "redesigned" UI, confusing spaghetti style of graphs, similar colour tones are used to distract the uaer instead used as differentiation, noisy graphics with graphs and number mixed up, screen real estate is wasted and the important information is limited to 20% of the screen space, lot of free form text in oversized font style makes you wonder is this a school book to read or a fitness tracker sleep page ...

Best Answer

Agree, spaghetti style is not good

Agree, bad spaghetti graph.

Best Answer

This is my first time posting to this community and I came here specifically to state how much I dislike this update. I only pay for the premium feature to track my sleep. This new update has made the sleep tracking feature useless.

I like to look at the granular details, the specific times various events happen at night. With the new update I can only view the information at a glance and cannot determine the exact time certain events occur.

It seems like each time Fitbit updates the application they remove the ability to view more and more data points.

Best Answer

It's spaghetti design  all along. But Google is sticking with it. **ahem**s at the wheel Re: The redesigned Fitbit app is rolling out! - Page 15 - Fitbit Community

Best Answer

Agree.  I want to see the specific times about sleep.

Best Answer

It seems like since Google has taken over Fitbit, everything has gone backwards.  Is there a user group that tests these changes before they're rolled out?  It definitely does not seem to be user focused anymore.  Definitely time for a change.  There was a post for an android user to roll back the change to the sleep graph...but why should I have to go through that trouble.  It'll be easier to use a tracker with a UI that meets my needs without having to adjust my phone.

Best Answer

Noticed it yesterday and there was nothing today. Not impressed. Where do I talk to someone who can make this work???

Best Answer

You can talk all you want, no Google will reply....

Best Answer

Software updates: Some changes are unnecessary. We customers purchased a Fitbit product we liked and spent good money for it. Why not give us a choice of using the 'old' format or the 'new'? FedEx gives a choice of old or new on their website for "create shipment".  If you like your customers and you want to keep, consider giving us the option.  The changes you've made are not the product I purchased.  If I do not have a choice of keeping what I purchased maybe I will not renew my subscription for a product I don't like. How about a cash refund for the Tracker I recently bought? You seem to have taken my Fitbit away.

Best Answer

NO We will not "All get used to it". What a condescending dismissive reply.... No ones listening to the compaints....

Best Answer

Your non-answer to valid concerns by your paying customers is beyond ignorant. The graphics don't just suck. They provide NO meaningful information. Is this a crass sneaky way to force customers to upgrade their subscription for a fee (of course)? There are other smart watches in the market. When you ignore and dismiss valid customer concerns you get what you deserve. Another Bud Light moment?

Best Answer

Same, this was the last straw 😏. I'm pretty sure it's all a push for us to purchase premium membership.

Same! I've never posted, but felt I needed to explain why I'm defecting at least just for the heck of it.

Only defecting to another tracker will make a difference 😏

Best Answer

The new sleep portion of the app no longer allows you to delete an entry. I used to be able to delete inactivity that was mistakenly recorded as sleep. That option is gone!  Put it back!!!

Best Answer

What on earth have Fitbit done to the sleep tracker on the Charge 4? It was fine as it was and now looks like some crazy mathematical formula - please put it back to how it used to be. Thank you 

Best Answer

The format has suddenly changed to a very unattractive and difficult to read style.

Best Answer

The latest updates of the app has gradually degraded, the sleep schedule/diary is horrible, the same with sports/activities. And where did kayaking go??? App does not look as good as it used to, things are less clear, less comprehensible, less intuitive, it is slow and less functional. Please go back a few steps! I’ve been a Fitbit user since 2016, but am now serously looking for other brands. I use Versa 2/IOS

Best Answer

Google found a way to make a product worse than it was. Wish I had not wasted so much money on Fitbits.

Now the sleep app is not useful at all, it is impossible to read!

Bye Bye Fitbit, Hello Apple!

Best Answer

The new sleep graph is terrible! It now only gives you the basic information. Because of health reasons I need to know the times I was up in the night and now you can only guess at it. The in detail information was the reason I subscribed to premium. I see no reason to pay the extra anymore. Very disappointed with the Downgrade. 

Best Answer

The new layout is so awful, looks like someone did the graphics on their phone. Other companies move forward but Fitbit is moving backwards 

Best Answer

Sleep graph feedback

The new Sleep Graph UX/UI redesign is unfortunately inferior to the previous one, as it fails at its one job, of conveying information in a clear and simple way.

I can understand how these things can happen. Budgets need to be spent, teams need to justify their existence, marketing thinks a refresh is needed, etc. But as someone that worked in design companies, there's simply no way something like this would have gotten past my line manager. It probably wouldn't have gotten past the team as we would have left such a design on the cutting room floor.

I'm hoping this message and other similar posts on this forum, regarding the issues with the new interface, will make their way to the relevant decision makers in the company.

All the best 

Best Answer