Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not syncing with phone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I'm having some problems with connecting my Charge 3. Yesterday, I took off my Charge 3 for a time to rest my arm. When I put my Fitbit back on, I found that it now won't pair with my phone. (However, my phone will pair to my car via Bluetooth.) It hasn't been pairing with my Windows 10 app for a couple of weeks. The only device I can sync with at the moment is my Kindle.

What has been done:

Charge 3 has been restarted twice.

Phone has been restarted 5 times.

Bluetooth on phone has been restarted over a dozen times.

Bluetooth on the computer has been tested (with wireless sync dongle) and it cannot find the device.

There are no updates avaiable for the app, and at this point I'm not sure how to get it to work again.

Any other suggestions?

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Forums @Debbz02.

I'll be happy to help you get your Charge 3 to sync again. Thanks for sharing all of the steps that you have already tried to get it to work.

What we can do is restart the connection between your phone and your Fitbit from scratch. Please follow these steps:

1. Go into the phone's Bluetooth settings.
  2. Look for your Fitbit in there, and any other Fitbit devices.
  3. Delete the Fitbit from there and any other Fitbits.
  4. Restart your phone.
  5. Run the set up process as if you had a brand new phone.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
42 REPLIES 42

Welcome to the Forums @Debbz02.

I'll be happy to help you get your Charge 3 to sync again. Thanks for sharing all of the steps that you have already tried to get it to work.

What we can do is restart the connection between your phone and your Fitbit from scratch. Please follow these steps:

1. Go into the phone's Bluetooth settings.
  2. Look for your Fitbit in there, and any other Fitbit devices.
  3. Delete the Fitbit from there and any other Fitbits.
  4. Restart your phone.
  5. Run the set up process as if you had a brand new phone.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Thank you very kindly! I've got it.

Best Answer

I've done this and still can't connect my charge 3 to my galaxy S9 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. Super frustrating!

Best Answer

I just want to say a huge thank you for that solution. I tried it, and got my Fitbit Charger 3 to sync again! 

Best Answer

Hello @Debbz02, and @bluebloodschick. Welcome to the Forums @Galaway and @Slj1006.

Glad to read that the steps did help you out @Debbz02 and @bluebloodschick

@Galaway and @Slj1006 in your cases, what happened as you were following the set up process? Did you get some sort of error message? If so, what did it say?

Look forward to your replies.

Best Answer
When I get to "pair your tracker" I put in the code and it says connecting but never goes any further.  BTW this charge was connected to this phone until recently. Not sure how it became disconnected. N

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

The error message said... Not working. Try turning off Bluetooth and turn it on again. I had to disconnect it, and reconnect it in order to get it to sync with my phone .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I did get an error message saying not working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here! Have been awaiting a solution from the Fitbit team since December 7th!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Akusanke@bluebloodschick and @Slj1006.

Thanks for letting us know about this issue. We’re aware of it and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. 

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Please let us know if there's anything we can do to assist you in the meantime.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried all of this (and other processes) and now I cannot get my Charge 3 to reconnect. Any other ideas? It synced at 4:30 this morning but nothing since then!

Best Answer

My charge 3 has not synced Wirth my Samsung s7 since January 31. I've tried all the steps you said.  Removed it and tried to make it likeeps it is new.  Now my phone can bit find it.  I've done the restart everything and I get nothing before I removed my fit bit I fit error said can't find

Thanks for any help

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Mpogue5575. Welcome to the Forums @Doorfy.

Thanks for trying those steps and sharing those details.

In this case please try to follow these steps:

1. On the phone: after seeing the Not Working screen, select "Try Again"
  2. On Charge 3: open Settings > About > tap "Reboot Device"
  3. Wait for "Found your tracker" screen on phone 
  4. Enter the 4-digit code and complete the pairing sequence

Let me know how it goes or if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This did not work. I contacted Fitbit by phone the talked me through a reboot now my Fitbit will not start up at all. They are going to take care of it. To be contacting me by email. Then we will see what happens. 

They had me go to settings reboot my device. Plug into the charging cable. Press and hold the restart button for 8 seconds till you see the smile face and it vibrates. Unplug and should be good to go, but mine does nothing.

@LanuzaFitbit wrote:

Hello @Mpogue5575. Welcome to the Forums @Doorfy.

Thanks for trying those steps and sharing those details.

In this case please try to follow these steps:

1. On the phone: after seeing the Not Working screen, select "Try Again"
  2. On Charge 3: open Settings > About > tap "Reboot Device"
  3. Wait for "Found your tracker" screen on phone 
  4. Enter the 4-digit code and complete the pairing sequence

Let me know how it goes or if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Doorfy.

Thanks for letting me know that our team is in touch with you and that they will help you. 

Please continue working with them as I am sure they will be more than happy to help you find a solution to this. 

Let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got it working after it would not turn back on I just left it set on the charger for 24 hours. Then when I took it off it started up then I was able to get it to connect to my phone. Thanks for all the help

Best Answer

Hope it working properly now ?

Best Answer

Hello @Doorfy. Welcome to the Forums @Stone_m56.

Thanks for sharing your positive experience @Doorfy.

@Stone_m56 Are you experiencing any issues or are you mentioning that it is working correctly? 

If you have the time, maybe you could visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other users.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes