Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ace 2 setup difficulty

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all,

Trying to setup a new Fitbit Ace2 for my daughter but it won't connect to my laptop (Win10) via blutooth. Unfortunately my iphone iOS is too old so the laptop is my only option.

Any suggestions???

Thanks!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Webeng.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks LilyaFitbit,
Yes I did contact your support team and they were able to tell me that the Ace 2 had to be setup via an iphone or tablet BEFORE it would connect to a Win 10 computer despite it specifically saying I could connect to a Win 10 computer on your website... Might want to correct that...
I was able to set it up by downloading the app on another phone however, after setting up the Ace 2,  I am still unable to connect it to my Win 10 laptop. 
The Ace 2 is recognised in the device list on the laptop blutooth list but it will not connect even after I have connected teh Ace 2 to another device and completed the setup.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Webeng, thank you for your reply. 

I appreciate the information that you were able to set up the Ace 2 tracker using an iPhone, but you're still unable to connect it to a Windows 10 computer. I apologize for any inconvenience as firmware updates are no longer supported on Windows 10 and appreciate your feedback. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome.

You should be able to use the Windows 10 device to sync the Ace 2 tracker. I recommend checking the troubleshooting instructions from this help article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Keep me posted on the outcome. I'll be around if you have any additional questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes