Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ace 2 sleep tracking function

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I personally have a Charge 3 and the sleep tracking is great.  I recently purchased an Ace 2 for my 7 year old daughter mostly because I have concerns about her quality of sleep.  The readings we are getting though are like the simplified readings on my Charge 3 which I get if my sleep has been less than 3 hours.

She is sleeping longer than the 3 hours, but her analysis doesn’t include a deep sleep, REM sleep and light sleep break down like my Charge 3.

Is this normal to only receive simplified sleep for the Ace 2 or is there something I can do?

I was expecting the same level of detail as my one provides?

Thank you in advance for any assistance!

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Mum001. I am sorry for the delayed response.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your concern regarding the Ace 2 sleep tracking function. I am glad to hear that you like your Charge 3 and enjoy its features. I would like to confirm that it is normal that your daughter is getting the simplified sleep information since the Ace 2 doesn't have the heart rate tracking and that's why can't track the sleep stages. I appreciate your understanding.  

Enjoy the Fitbit experience. Let me know if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

2908F15B-9DCD-431E-BD79-C4F01D9FC116.gif

 The ace 2 can’t show REM sleep but it can track how many times awake or restless 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Funsville_Mayor.

Thank you for joining the thread and confirming that the Ace 2 can track the sleep pattern including the time spent awake, restless, and asleep. More information about tracking sleep is available in this help article: How do I track my sleep with my Fitbit device?

Feel free to explore the discussions forums to Share Your Story, Get Fitter, Find Fitbit Friends, Sharing Recipes and much more.

Keep on visiting the forums!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where can I find out what is normal for times awake and times restless for a child? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @TyBri.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your concern about the sleep times for a child. 

The time asleep is calculated by subtracting the time spent awake and restless from the overall tracked sleep time. By default, a sleep goal is set to 9 hours of sleep per night. You can customize this goal to meet your needs. You can find more information here and at How do I track my sleep with my Fitbit device?

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TyBri  I believe you are asking about the benchmark data that comes with the adult account - the data that shows how our sleep stacks up against others our age.  Is that correct? I don’t see that data available in the app for my child’s account.   Maybe @LiliyaFitbit can tell us if it is available but hidden somewhere. 

Best Answer

Hi @Jrdubyakc, it's great to see you around!

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your concern. At this time, the benchmark data that comes with the adult account is not available for the child's account, but you can share your idea in our Feature Suggestions board. Search for the idea first to see if one already exists so you can add your vote. The more votes an idea gets the more likely the developers will try to implement it. You can read the FAQ to better understand how that board works.

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes