Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ace won't track steps properly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Anyone else find that the fit bit ace does not track steps well. My sons fit bit ace battery died the other day. I had to charge it twice to get it to work again. Now it says he has 0 steps today. Plus it will not update. The app has his alarm set at 6 am but the fitbit says 5 am. And it does not update time zones when we are out of town. I am very disappointed as he got this for Christmas. Less then 6 months ago.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi, @AmberSchweigert , I am sorry you are having trouble with your son’s Fitbit!  Sometimes if the battery dies completely they do need an extra nudge before they are working again properly.  I would recommend giving your son’s Ace a restart.  First, please attach the Ace to the charger and set it to charge in the usual way and then follow these instructions from the Ace manual:

Press the button on the charging cable 3 times within 8 seconds, briefly pausing between presses. The button is on the end of the charging cable that is plugged into the computer. 8 seconds after the first button press, the Fitbit logo appears on the tracker's display. This indicates that Ace restarted.

Sometimes you do need to repeat the restart process once or twice.  After that, hopefully the Ace will be counting steps again, as usual.

As you are also reporting that there is an issue with timezone, could it be that your Ace is not syncing correctly rather than it is not counting steps?  When you say it says he has zero steps, is that on the Ace and or on the app?

If the Ace shows his steps, but the app does not, that suggests it has not synced correctly.  Often the restart procedure that I recommended above will solve that issue as well, so it is always worth doing whenever the Fitbit is not behaving as expected.  After a restart please open the app and try to initiate a sync.  A sync should solve the alarm and timezone issues.

I hope this helps.  Please do let us know how it goes.  Welcome to the forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

@AmberSchweigert Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm happy to assist you with your son's Fitbit Ace since it's not tracking his steps properly and won't update the alarm.

I'd just like to know if the issue persists or if it got resolved after following the great troubleshooting steps that shared @Julia_G.

If you found her post helpful, please accept it as a solution so other users that experience the same issue can find it easier.

Looking forward to your response! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
It is nowe tracking steps. As far as the time zone issue the alarm still says 5 am on his fit bit and 6 am in the app. We will be heading to the other time zone in July and I will see if that works then.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@AmberSchweigert Thank you for getting back! I appreciate the time to test your Ace's behavior with the next time zone in July.

If you see something unusual, don't hesitate to let me know.

As a side note, I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes